bike toe clips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfdude

Veteran
i ve just brought a giant defy 2 a couple of weeks ago on line . it came with toe clips fitted ,now when i go around corners my toes hit the front wheel so are the clips to big for the bike , will i be better off getting smaller ones or is there another reason . i did try a bike out before so size of bike is right and it feels very comfy to ride . at the moment can,t afford clip in peddles and shoes .

marcw

i ve just brought a giant defy 2 a couple of weeks ago on line . it came with toe clips fitted ,now when i go around corners my toes hit the front wheel so are the clips to big for the bike , will i be better off getting smaller ones or is there another reason . i did try a bike out before so size of bike is right and it feels very comfy to ride . at the moment can,t afford clip in peddles and shoes .

toe overlap is common on road bikes but it shouldn't happen going around corners. Usually toe overlap is only an issue if turning the wheel a lot i.e at low speed. At anything over walking pace it doesn't generally matter as you never turn the wheel enough for it to hit your foot.

Top Bottom