Bike tool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Can someone recommend a tool?
Must have all the spanners &c. and a chain tool.

There's too much choice!
Thanks.

e-rider

crappy member
Are you after a multi-tool or a set of tools for home use?

If you want a multi-tool, I'd recommend the Topeak Alien 2 or the newer Alien 3.

yello

tundragumski said:
If you want a multi-tool, I'd recommend the Topeak Alien 2

I'd agree with that. I have a Topeak Hexus (16 tools plus chain tool) and it's a solid bit of kit and has always functioned when needed. On that basis alone I'd rate Topeak multi-tools, and the Alien is generally considered to be the best one bang-for-buck. I'm just a tight-wad and the Hexus suited my needs and credit card!

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
tundragumski said:
Are you after a multi-tool or a set of tools for home use?

If you want a multi-tool, I'd recommend the Topeak Alien 2 or the newer Alien 3.

Multi-tool. I'll check out the Alien, thanks.

jethro10

Über Member
I have a Lezyne Stainless tool. Quite expensive, but so good and strong, I actually use it at home and hardly ever dig out the tool box.
As I say, expensive but ended up being well worth it.

Jeff

Debian

Aldi or Lidl. I have three Lidl multi tools, one on each of my bikes. All have coped with all the jobs I've thrown at them and nothing has broken or worn out in three years.

About a fiver each I think.

scouserinlondon

yello said:
I'd agree with that. I have a Topeak Hexus (16 tools plus chain tool) and it's a solid bit of kit and has always functioned when needed. On that basis alone I'd rate Topeak multi-tools, and the Alien is generally considered to be the best one bang-for-buck. I'm just a tight-wad and the Hexus suited my needs and credit card!

+1 for the hexus.

It's a bit bulky but it does a hullvalot

e-rider

crappy member
Debian said:
Aldi or Lidl. I have three Lidl multi tools, one on each of my bikes. All have coped with all the jobs I've thrown at them and nothing has broken or worn out in three years.

About a fiver each I think.

No, I couldn't support the use of cheap tools. Buy cheap, buy twice (or more)

Top Bottom