Bike Train Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Do you think this is doable. Right, live in Goodwood area about 7 miles to Chichester station, then train to Clapham Junc about 90mins then bike to Hammersmith new office.

I work on average a 7hr day quite often in the evening so would get back to Chi about 11pm and ten bike up to Goodwood.

How long would it take from Clap Junc to Hammersmith?

Also thinking of getting a new Carrera Subway for the job as I will use some trail/paths which the Sirrus isn't a fan of.

Cheers
Roy

Its a long day but its doable (7 miles - Train - 7 miles). I wouldn't rush to ditch the sirrus can you vary your route to better surfaces, IME although they might be longer but are easier and faster so over all it takes the same time.

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Yes, I know what your saying but the story with the Sirrus is, it's a bit small, frame wise, so raised seat to fit it. I need to get a bike for the correct size and price so was thinking the subway gets excellent write up's and good for commuting on different surfaces so the Mrs can have the Sirrus or maybe I'll alternate.

skrx

TFL's Cycle Journey Planner reckons 25 minutes from Clapham Junction to Hammersmith, which I think is reasonable.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cyclejourneyplanner

There are trains every 6 minutes to Putney and Barnes from Clapham Junction, which saves some distance but takes a bit more time. Barnes to Hammersmith is 15 minutes according to TFL.
There are also trains to Kensington Olympia, which saves more time (7 minutes to cycle from there to Hammersmith) but they're currently infrequent (half hourly), but the timetable should improve later this year.

Presumably you're also aware of peak-time cycle restrictions.

Top Bottom