Bike Trainers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hutchbrighton

Hello to you all,

I've joined up as I'm new to cycling (as in not been using the bike I own) and to be accountable to all or a few to sticking with it. I'm looking to purchase a bike trainer and don't have the £££ to get my hands on the latest model. I do need advice on what trainer or kit works best with the sufferfest or zwift app or any suggestions on other apps.

Any help is appreciated.

Tom
hutchbrighton

Rowano

I've just recently bought a trainer too... And I love it!! I've done more roofing India in the last 2 weeks than I have outdoors in months.

I have an Elite Direto trainer, I bought a bike mat because I live in a flat and didn't want to about the old dear below, and I've signed up to zwift which I run through an oldish iPad using Bluetooth and connect to a monitor.

Zwift controls resistance in the trainer depending on incline / decline and at the end of my without I've got a sweat towel draped over my bike and a readout of my session including how many slices of pizza I've earned 😂

OP
OP
hutchbrighton

hutchbrighton

I've just recently bought a trainer too... And I love it!! I've done more roofing India in the last 2 weeks than I have outdoors in months.

I have an Elite Direto trainer, I bought a bike mat because I live in a flat and didn't want to about the old dear below, and I've signed up to zwift which I run through an oldish iPad using Bluetooth and connect to a monitor.

Zwift controls resistance in the trainer depending on incline / decline and at the end of my without I've got a sweat towel draped over my bike and a readout of my session including how many slices of pizza I've earned 😂
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. Vegetarian pizza I hope.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Hi,

Thanks, got it. The software needs to be hooked up to the trainer itself, so you need this to be compatible?
Here's GPLama's list of trainers (not an exhaustive list) and recomendations. He has quite a few videos on all things VR riding.

Here is his current list of pricing for some VR cycling software

It boils down to how much money you want to spend and how sure you are you will be riding indoors.

Oh one more thing. Fans, big fug off shiny ones. You will need to get a good fan, at leat 12 inch, preferably 18. You overheat very quickly indoors due to the lack of airflow.

Venod

Eh up
[QUOTE="Rowano, post: 5952501, member: 65174"
And I love it!! I've done more roofing India
[/QUOTE]

Is that a typo or an expression that I am not familiar with ?

Rowano

[QUOTE="Rowano, post: 5952501, member: 65174"
And I love it!! I've done more roofing India

Is that a typo or an expression that I am not familiar with ?
[/QUOTE]

That will be an auto correct with a swipe keyboard 😂 should have been a statement about doing more cycling indoors in last couple wider than outdoors in months. GDYAC

Venod

Eh up
Wider = weeks ?
GDYAC ?

This is getting so confusing for me :wacko:

Top Bottom