Bike Value

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SwayT69

Hello,

Is there anyone that can help me get the proper value of a vintage bike? I have tried Bike Blue Book and it doesn't give me the options for a certain year of a bike.

Sway

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hello,

Is there anyone that can help me get the proper value of a vintage bike? I have tried Bike Blue Book and it doesn't give me the options for a certain year of a bike.

Sway
Well more details about the bike and a picture or two might help .
Oh and welcome

goldcoastjon

Vintage bikes can be all over the map in rarity, quality, and value, depending on:

1) when they were made,
2) by whom,
3) what condition the frame, lugs, and paint are in,
4) what components are oif the bike and what is their condition?
5) was the bike a one-of-a-kind or limited-production bike? (such as a racing bike made for and raced by Eddy Merckx or someone else on a pro team)
6) Is it in "original" (as-built) condition?
7) has the bike or frame been "upgraded" or modified from its original condition?

To get an idea of what yours is worth, take lots of photos - especially closeups of the frame joints, fork crown, decals, serial number, and components. Send us a few and we will see what we can do for you...

Drago

Legendary Member
And the value varies with the target market. Some cherish patina, while it brings others put in chunder. There is only a limited supply of those that target each facet of the market, so even a nominal value may be hard to achieve.

Top Bottom