Bike Week?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
They may be running one sooner than next year as the weather was so bad - I was talking to Andrew and he mentioned this if route leaders were up for it, and most seemed happy with the idea. In the next couple of weeks was talked about.

There were about 40 - 50 on the photo, I would say. No idea how many registered though.

The mini doughnuts were a nice touch. :angry:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Sh4rkyBloke said:
D'oh - just realised it was probably the wheel nut (get so used to QR wheels!) :angry:

Prezactly :angry: My multi-tool has a 15mm spanner on it, but lacked enough leverage to shift the nut, unfortunately.

Typically I'd just decided not to carry a 15mm spanner with me any more (I used to, on the offchance of having to tighten up my pedals) at the weekend...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
John, bloody hell - I was down to ride the Cheadle PO group, but due to numbers, I went from Heaton Moor and Levenshulme - we had about 20 from there - only problem was some guy from the Council (I think - they had a group too) decided he was leading, then started riding too quick for the beginners - split the group up, then at Fallowfield Sainsbury's he decided to go the main road....that then split the groups - some of our Guides went with them and 4 of us went to meet the Cheadle/East dids - that's when we found out there had been the puncture.

I was carrying a full kit of stuff (spare cables etc)...ah well...next time (or Andrew is proposing next week)....

Was at the HEP area for 8.30 and left for a meeting at 9.00 am down near the hospitals.

Rather wet, plastic bags under overshoes had holes in) and then had to get dressed in wet clothes again at lunch to cycle back out to Didsbury. Got 3 hours to dry out....

Which organisation do you work for ?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
fossyant said:
Blooming heck - spotted you sharky...... didn't hang about myself as I had a meeting - who do you work for ?
I work for the University (Manchester, not MMU). I didn't hang around much after the group hug photo as I'd been there since just before 8.30am in the p*ssing rain in my knee length shorts... my knees were a bit blue when I finally reached my office! :biggrin:

fossyant

I'd been on the road since 7.10, then a few pickups - got there at 8.30, then hopped off sharp(ish) - I'm from MMU, used to work for UOM for a bit till 1999 !

John the Monkey said:
UoM here too (formerly UMIST).

Small world, eh?

What dept are you in?
Lots of my buddies now work in manchester business school after being at umist (MSM) and are finding it 'a bit interesting'.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Kirstie said:
What dept are you in?
Lots of my buddies now work in manchester business school after being at umist (MSM) and are finding it 'a bit interesting'.

If we're going to talk about the post-merger world, it could be better for me not to say! (I've heard the same things from colleagues in the former UMIST student's association - it seems that it very much depends on where you were - some departments got a true merger, some got more of a take over...)

fossyant

It is a small world - might see you on the next HEP commute. One of the guys just emailed the leaders to tell us your group had 'multiple' visits from the 'p' fairy...oh 'eck !!!

You missed the group who had come in from Ashton (via the canal) - let's just say you could tell who they were - absolutely covered in mud.....

Top Bottom