Bike workstand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Has anyone any experience of the b'Twin WS 100 workstand. I was looking for something cheap and cheerful but useable. I don't have much room in the garage as GF moved from a fairly large house to a much smaller property then I moved my stuff inand garage is storage space.
I want one that is sturdy enough for both my road and MTB bikes but not for everyday use so a Park would be a waste of money. I need to be able to fold it away small.
I was, originally, looking for something that might go on a workmate like the Kestrel Velo grip but they are a little more expensive. Are the decathlon stands stable enough for anything other than light work, eg adjusting gears or brakes.
Being a Yorkshireman tight wad I'm looking for the Earth for £30.

gbs

Guru
Has anyone any experience of the b'Twin WS 100 workstand. I was looking for something cheap and cheerful but useable.
Being a Yorkshireman tight wad I'm looking for the Earth for £30.

Well it meets yr price BUT it would not will take the modern large size tubes and is not overly stable. After a year the Orings/gaskets in the legs blew out. I replaced it with a ..... from Evans; folds away so it meets the constricted space requirement; cost £100 but is 6 times better so GVfM.

e-rider

crappy member
Park tools used to make a fine stand for about £65 - I believe it's more like £90 these days but worth a look if your budget can stretch that far

battered

Guru
I've had one for about 5 yrs now, it's been OK. Mine takes bikes with oversize tubes no probs, it's not the most stable in the world but at the price it's fine. If I'm being critical the clamping mechanism is a bit fiddly to release.

I've used it for my bikes and those of friends, and done all sorts of work. Of course the more expensive ones are better, but if all you have is £30 it will do a decent job.

Top Bottom