Bikeability funding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The promised funding from the DoT of circa £63m for the next three years has been cut to £50m, in Hampshire it's currently looking like the number of places available will be dropping from around 10,000 to 7,800 for next year. The scheme I work for are talking about loosing 8 of the 24 instructors currently engaged.
I think there are a few instructors on here, what's happening elsewhere?

screenman

Legendary Member
The promised funding from the DoT of circa £63m for the next three years has been cut to £50m, in Hampshire it's currently looking like the number of places available will be dropping from around 10,000 to 7,800 for next year. The scheme I work for are talking about loosing 8 of the 24 instructors currently engaged.
I think there are a few instructors on here, what's happening elsewhere?

Not good in Lincolnshire, something about kids have to have their own bikes where as in the past they have been able to supply some. You will know what some kids bikes are like when it comes to being road worthy.

My son's Father-in-law is an instructor, a very worthwhile position if you want my opinion, and one we should be funding.

Sandra6

Veteran
It's such a good scheme, it would be a shame if it was cut too far back.
Coincidentally, I've just seen a group out with a bikeability instructor as I was riding home.
My youngest three all benefited from the scheme over the past few years too.

Top Bottom