Bikeadventures Lejog 12-27th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am just waiting at Paddington to catch the train down to Penzance for my ride that starts tomorrow. I hope the training has been enough and my aging body is up for it. I am looking forward to 2 weeks on the road, with the wind behind me and the sun shining. I also hope I still feel like cycling on my return as I have several FNRTTCs in the diary already.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TimDecker

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Have a great time!
:bicycle::bicycle: and wave at us as you cycle through Scotland! :wacko:

Depending on your route, you could always "ping" CC Ecosse when you are in the area and arrange meeting up for a drink or two!

T

OP
OP
D

deckertim

Got back last night. I had a fantastic time, great scenery, unbelievably good weather, great organisation from Bike Adventures and great company from my fellow riders. We had a couple of days riding into the wind, particularly over the Yorkshire Dales, which were tough, but satisfying to finish. Ended up recording 1070 miles as a result of the route we took, that seemed to include every hill on the way, but was very quiet most of the way.

Barbelier

deckertim

Well done!:biggrin:

Will you be posting details of your route or trip anywhere?

I've had to push mine back to 10th September, will be going unsupported, and I'm really looking forward to the experience (I think).

OP
OP
D

deckertim

Barbelier said:
deckertim

Well done!:smile:

Will you be posting details of your route or trip anywhere?

I've had to push mine back to 10th September, will be going unsupported, and I'm really looking forward to the experience (I think).
One of the great things about the trip was the excellent route provided by Bike Adventures. This is in the form of written instructions, with what to do at each junction along with the mileage. So I did the whole trip without a map. We also went down some very quiet lanes and hardly any A or B roads.

Evad

I was on the same trip as deckertim, can't believe our luck with the weather camping could have turned into a bit of a pain if it rained all the time. For me camping added to the experience, certainly the best way to meet other people on the trip. Following a set of route instructions was also a good diversion from thinking about aches and pains acquired on the way.

Top Bottom