BikeInn - extra charges?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Doesn't it depend on the spend? Nothing on their website?

iluvmybike

Über Member
According to their FAQs the answer is : "No, the price on our website will be the final cost to you. There will be no additional VAT or duty charges requested on delivery by our carriers. We have done all we can to prepare for Brexit in the best way possible to offer the best experience for the customer"

T4tomo

Legendary Member
That certainly works with a total order excl shipping is <£135.

If its over that I thought it was very complicated to achieve that and duty was paid by recipient.
Mantel (based in NL) site by comparison

1647433728193.png

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

iluvmybike

Über Member
View attachment 635555
This does not answer the question I know but this is my Alf Webb. Alf founded the bike inn. I've not seen any other of his frames.
Wrong BikeInn - OP is referring to the company based in Europe that seels cycling stuff. Alf Webb's Bike Inn is a training organisation no longer owned by Alf as he retired - it is now based up in Appleby Cumbria run by John Colborne

andrew_s

Legendary Member
That certainly works with a total order excl shipping is <£135.

If its over that I thought it was very complicated to achieve that and duty was paid by recipient.
Mantel (based in NL) site by comparison

It can be done with orders over £135, if the supplier wants to put a suitable system in place.
I put in a £460 (iirc) order in with Bikester (in Stuttgart), which I received with no extra charges, and supplied directly from Germany as far as I could tell from the tracking.

I have seen posts that BikeInn are also no extras, but can't remember the amounts.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
The site's own FAQs are contradictory and do not correspond to the current HMRC information:

- For orders being shipped to countries within the European Union, VAT is already included in the product prices you see on our website.

- For orders being shipped to countries out of the European Union, no VAT and no sales tax will be included in the product prices you see on our website and you will not be charged any taxes by us. However your packages may be subject to the customs fees and import duties of the country to which you have your order shipped. The courier will charge you any taxes or customs directly. As taxes and customs may also depend on product category as well as declared amount, we are not able to provide you with any further details. We would recommend you to consult your local Customs office, which will happily assist you with further information.
No, the price on our website will be the final cost to you. There will be no additional VAT or duty charges requested on delivery by our carriers. We have done all we can to prepare for Brexit in the best way possible to offer the best experience for the customer.

Since the UK is no longer within the EU, there will be customs duty and VAT to be paid where the value of the goods exceeds £135.00.

@youngoldbloke What are you buying from them?

Top Bottom