Bike's a Write-Off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My bike has that sort of 'lived-in' look about it. In fact, had it been tied to the back of a kangaroo and then dragged the entire width of the Australian Outback, that would aptly summarise its appearance. :sad:

If I wipe off too much muck I rather suspect there would be no metal left beneath.

But am I bovvered? :thumbsup:

Davidc

Guru
At least it was only a headset.

My Brooks B17 got a scratch on the garage wall when I'd only had it 2 days. Just think how I feel about that. I've polished the scratch over and over but can still see it.

tyred

Legendary Member
Obviously you can't ride about in a bike in that condition so.....

Post it to me!

Reminds me of a neighbour who reversed his brand new Sierra into a wall two hours after collecting it from the dealer.

Reminds me of a neighbour who reversed his brand new Sierra into a wall two hours after collecting it from the dealer.
Reminds me of the game we used to play as kids, on the day when the new car registration letter (now a number) came out. No, nothing as simple as "spot the first car with the new letter". Instead, "spot the first write-off with the new letter". Sometimes it didn't take long... :evil:

Which reminds me: shouldn't the "11"s be out now? Haven't seen any about - pranged or otherwise...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Bike fell over against a brick wall, scraped the shiny new headset, I only put it on a couple of weeks ago.

Hmmmm.

Were you on it at the time? How recently had you consumed beer?

sh06.jpg

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Hmmmm.
Were you on it at the time? How recently had you consumed beer?

Honest guv'nor, It fell over all on its own as if the devil himself had been involved* and I hadn't had a drop of ale since the previous evening when I imbibed a small glass of Delftse Post avatar.

*although yet to be interrogated, small children could possibly be involved...

Wigsie

Nincompoop

When I was a younger boy racer (with no children and a high disposable income), I bought a nearly new Subaru Impreza P1, I had it 10 days when I drove into the local petrol station forecourt and the cleaner had not fastened the channel drain covers properly... as the front wheels went over the cover popped up, jammed and sliced a 1.5 meter gash along the underside of the car.

Was off the road for 3 months and I was given a matt grey 1.2 Nissan Micra SALOON to cruise round in!

tyred

Legendary Member
When I was a younger boy racer (with no children and a high disposable income), I bought a nearly new Subaru Impreza P1, I had it 10 days when I drove into the local petrol station forecourt and the cleaner had not fastened the channel drain covers properly... as the front wheels went over the cover popped up, jammed and sliced a 1.5 meter gash along the underside of the car.

Was off the road for 3 months and I was given a matt grey 1.2 Nissan Micra SALOON to cruise round in!
That is potentially no joke. A friend of my dad's had a similar incident with a manhole cover many years ago. The difference was that he was driving on a main road at about 65mph at the time. The car (MKIV Cortina) was a complete and utter write-off and his wife who was in the passenger seat ended up in hospital.

the snail

Guru
look on the bright side, you shaved a little bit of excess weight from your bike. I'm still in mourning over the horrible scrape that appeared on my frame following a clipless/ruddles county moment.

Zoiders

When this kind of thing happens the best course of action is to fall to your knees in grief, raise your eyes skyward and then shake you fists in the air as you exclaim loudly

"Damn You God! Damn Yoooouuuuuu!"

Top Bottom