Bikes stolen in Bournemourh area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have been hearing there's been a spate of cycles stolen around the area recently,so would advise good quality locks if your in the area.Personaly i am using three locks two of which are gold standard.No nasties getting their grubby hands on my Surly lht (i hope)

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I had 3 bikes chained together mate with a chain even Mr T would have been proud of didnt stop them whipping all 3 at once though :sad: Luckily home insurance paid out :sweat: my new bike now lives on the half landing inside the house :thumbsup: thieving knobbers deserve public stoning imo :evil:

defy-one

Two D locks across 3 bikes,one attached to the shed. Updating the shed door padlock this weekend and looking at putting a second lock on the door.
Sensor light on rhe outside.

Manonabike

Über Member
I'm guilty of complacency I admit. I have a chain with one end anchored to the concrete. A motorbike chain and an alarm. For some reason I have not been using any but I'm going to start right now.

andsaw

If that was me i would off electrified all the metal parts on your shed with a timer on it and an electrical screwdriver tester just to make sure the timer hasn't failed lol.

andsaw

Probably, but the clue is the LOL on the end, to say one thing and actually do it is a completely different story, i bet there's worse things others would like to do but don't, i think its called thinking out aloud.

Manonabike

Über Member
Probably, but the clue is the LOL on the end, to say one thing and actually do it is a completely different story, i bet there's worse things others would like to do but don't, i think its called thinking out aloud.

Quite right. I didn't notice the LOL :smile:

mattobrien

Guru
This is where carbon bikes are not as good as they don't conduct electricity when you connect them to the mains.

Rookie mistake. Carbon conducts rather well, haven't you heard the warnings for fishermen about fishing under power lines, or seen the electrocuted fishermen strewn along all river banks and canal tow paths. Oddly I have only seen the warnings rather than he dead fisherfolk.

The trick is remembering that you have 50,000 volts running through your Pinarello before going out for a ride. Does give ou a toasty feeling on those cold days though.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Rookie mistake. Carbon conducts rather well, haven't you heard the warnings for fishermen about fishing under power lines, or seen the electrocuted fishermen strewn along all river banks and canal tow paths. Oddly I have only seen the warnings rather than he dead fisherfolk.

The trick is remembering that you have 50,000 volts running through your Pinarello before going out for a ride. Does give ou a toasty feeling on those cold days though.
Face-palm...Doh...etc... I knew that carbon either did or didn't conduct electricity really well which is why I think I'll stick to fixing bikes and not wander into the realms of household electrics. Which one is live by the way?

Top Bottom