Bikes that meet their Waterloo...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had to use the train today and saw some bikes at Waterloo - they are everywhere!

2818pyb.jpg

and some interesting drives...

w2mu1j.jpg

11jpy52.jpg

Keith Oates

Janner
I sometimes wonder why 'owners' just leave a bike somewhere and seemingly forget about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LLB

I would not chain anything worth more than £100 to any railings so some git can go and destroy it in a fit of mindless vandalism :wacko:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Is this the start of a new book perhaps?
Graveyard pics of bikes outside stations; 'Bikes that meet their Clapham Junction' or perhaps better, 'Bikes that meet their Mile End'?

:wacko:

Danny

Legendary Member
At York station there are dozens of abandoned bicycles. I can only imagine that people cycle to the station, get on a train and never come back again - or perhaps get kidnapped by aliens.

A lot of the bikes are in a similar conditions to the ones shown in Apertif's photos, but oddly the station staff say they have no powers to remove them.

Noodley

Mr Pig said:
Seconded. I wouldn't leave my bike unattended anywhere for any length of time.

Trust in thy fellow man...:smile:

The same applied to Stockholm! There were dozens of bikes abandoned all over the city; if I had had the space I would have 'collected' them at night and gone about doing them up and selling them.

But I didn't have the space! :smile: :smile:
But it's a plan I still have, one day, when I'm older and dodderier.

Top Bottom