1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bikes that meet their Waterloo...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Aperitif, 11 Jun 2008.

1. I had to use the train today and saw some bikes at Waterloo - they are everywhere!

2818pyb.jpg

and some interesting drives...

w2mu1j.jpg

11jpy52.jpg

2. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I sometimes wonder why 'owners' just leave a bike somewhere and seemingly forget about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. LLB

LLB Guest

I would not chain anything worth more than £100 to any railings so some git can go and destroy it in a fit of mindless vandalism :wacko:

4. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

Is this the start of a new book perhaps?
    Graveyard pics of bikes outside stations; 'Bikes that meet their Clapham Junction' or perhaps better, 'Bikes that meet their Mile End'?

:wacko:

5. Mr Pig

Mr Pig New Member

Seconded. I wouldn't leave my bike unattended anywhere for any length of time.

6. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Really? I leave my bike for ages. No problem about it.

7. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

At York station there are dozens of abandoned bicycles. I can only imagine that people cycle to the station, get on a train and never come back again - or perhaps get kidnapped by aliens.

A lot of the bikes are in a similar conditions to the ones shown in Apertif's photos, but oddly the station staff say they have no powers to remove them.

8. Noodley

Noodley Guest

So, employ Jamie Oliver, the wizard. He has powers...:smile:

9. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Trust in thy fellow man...:smile:

10. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Students, bloody students :smile:

11. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

Actually, I've been thinking of employing an angle grinder to cut all the locks.

12. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

The same applied to Stockholm! There were dozens of bikes abandoned all over the city; if I had had the space I would have 'collected' them at night and gone about doing them up and selling them.

But I didn't have the space! :smile: :smile:
    But it's a plan I still have, one day, when I'm older and dodderier.