Biking tour of north Italy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I. too, have cycle-toured a fair bit in Italy and had no problems whatsoever with drivers. Not having dedicated cycle lanes doesn't botherme much either; I find them sometimes dull and avoid interesting villages.

andym

Über Member
I. too, have cycle-toured a fair bit in Italy and had no problems whatsoever with drivers. Not having dedicated cycle lanes doesn't botherme much either; I find them sometimes dull and avoid interesting villages.

There are plenty of dedicated cycle routes. You have a point about the villages - this is a weakness of some of the percorsi ciclabile - but on the other hand they can take you through interesting back roads you wouldn't otherwise have taken. As ever, it helps to research interesting stop offs.

ruf77

Hi all

I'm Devid, italian boyfriend of Sarah (http://devidsarah.bl...landro-val.html).
If you want to visit Italy by bike you can use this site: http://www.piste-ciclabili.com/
Here there are a lot of idea for you trip!
Italy it's a nice place! In the north there are a lot of itineraries for bikers but they are very nice also Tuscany and Umbria by bike! (other place I don't know)
Thank you for your visite in our blog and excuse me for my bad english!

By Devid

andym

Über Member
Hi David

thanks for the links - pisteciclabili is a fantastic resource.

You should have gone up to the Lago de Résia - definitely worth the effort!

OP
OP
G

GBR78

Visited Lago di Resia a few years ago but before being bitten by the cycling bug so it was car all the way, I'm afraid!! Stunning place though.....maybe will go back there one day but on 2 wheels this time!!

Attachments

• Lago di Resia (1).jpg
    Lago di Resia (1).jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 27

andym

Über Member
i always find things like drowned villages a bit sad.

You might want to think about the via Claudia Augusta which goes from the danube amd then dpwn the Valsagache and onto Trento and Rovereto (or there's a variant going down the Valsugana and then on to Venice.

Top Bottom