Billy Connolly once said the queen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

must think the world smells of paint as ten feet in front of her there's always someone painting!

I'm starting to think Glasgow smells of cigarette smoke.

Anytime you come out of a building, pub, restuarant, shop, office, bank etc... there is someone standing bloody blowing smoke in your face.

Just popped out there and someone is standing outside the office smoking, walk to the bank, come out and someone is smoking at the doorway, pop in to a shop and come out and folk are standing in the doorway smoking, head back to the office and there's another person standing in the office doorway smoking this time. Arghhhh!!!

It's driving me mad!:becool:

gavintc

Guru
It is less of an issue now as it is getting a lot cooler and wetter, but throughout the summer I hated that all the fresco tables in a pub / restaurant / cafe have been colonised by the 'unclean'. Stinking people with stinking clothes.

yenrod

Greedo said:
must think the world smells of paint as ten feet in front of her there's always someone painting!

I'm starting to think Glasgow smells of cigarette smoke.

Anytime you come out of a building, pub, restuarant, shop, office, bank etc... there is someone standing bloody blowing smoke in your face.

Just popped out there and someone is standing outside the office smoking, walk to the bank, come out and someone is smoking at the doorway, pop in to a shop and come out and folk are standing in the doorway smoking, head back to the office and there's another person standing in the office doorway smoking this time. Arghhhh!!!

It's driving me mad!;)

Noticed this too !

Doing my head in too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snorri

Legendary Member
I can still remember leaving a crowded building just after the ban, inhaling deeply outside the door and discovering this was the foulest air I had breathed all evening. Now I have got used to taking a few steps outside before taking a deep breath.
I don't think we should complain, things are so much better than they were.;)

Mr Pig

Don't complain. It used to smell like that inside the buildings!

Years ago I was one of the few people in my work who 'didn't' smoke and by the afternoon you could see thick smoke filling the whole factory. At tea break you could see smoke billowing out of the tea room door. Stop moaning! ;0)

jassy-x

Mr Pig said:
Don't complain. It used to smell like that inside the buildings!

Years ago I was one of the few people in my work who 'didn't' smoke and by the afternoon you could see thick smoke filling the whole factory. At tea break you could see smoke billowing out of the tea room door. Stop moaning! ;0)
...I agree Mr P....at least now you can nip into the local for a quick pint and not come home smelling like an ashtray....

Keith Oates

Janner
What gets me is now is in airports they have smoking rooms but they get so fouled up with smoke that people come outside and smoke next to the door but in the main concourse. The smoking rooms should be closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bikie

Über Member
I walked out of a hospital the other day and the air was thick with it, they were all standing with their drips and stands. i wondered how many of them wouldn't be in hospital if they didn't smoke

I think it's funny that people complain about smokers being outside ... you wanted us there, now live with it. Not that I smoke much any more, but I never mind someone lighting one up.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

I smoked for years but I still hated when I did, someone blowing their smoke in my face and I would never get in a car that someone smoked in. made me feel sick.

Rhythm Thief said:
I think it's funny that people complain about smokers being outside ... you wanted us there, now live with it. Not that I smoke much any more, but I never mind someone lighting one up.

Greedo said:
I smoked for years but I still hated when I did, someone blowing their smoke in my face and I would never get in a car that someone smoked in. made me feel sick.

Fair points, but both of those things are very different from people complaining about someone standing outside a pub enjoying a fag. Or (as I had once in the beer garden of a pub), someone complaining about a smoker sitting a few tables away from some non smokers ... outside.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Smoking in designated areas is one thing, but the throng of them that can only just get over the threshold before striking up en-masse, and remain there blocking the entry and egress of the building is another.

Fair point, a smoker will never be any good in the eyes of a non-smoker.

It just seems to me as if there is a (hazy) air of desperation about smokers that can't wait to light up, and an inherent selfishness and laziness that stops them thinking of others before they strike up.

It is almost as if the mindset is, "I can't smoke inside, so I'll smoke as close to the entrance as possible - cos I can't be arsed to walk any further"

Last week I saw a bloke get out of his car to have a cigarette (children in the car). He then proceeded to bend down and talk into the car, blowing all his exhaled smoke into the car, thereby negating any benefit of getting out of the car in the first place.

Is it just me that thinks like this? I actually go to pubs LESS since the smoking ban because of having to run the 'woodbine' gauntlet on the way in. I also go to shopping centres less for the same reason.

Top Bottom