Bio oil - what say you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
many friends of the female persuasion are telling me that bio oil, spendy though it may be, is the unction of choice for reducing scaring on the bonce and fizog postface plant-age.

have you used it, did it work, not that I'm vain or anything, and was it worth the money over something cheap like E45.

(and let's set aside 'chicks dig scars' type nonsense as 'chicks', whatever they are rarely dig happily married 51-year-olds on PAYE imo)

brockers

Was suggested I use it by the skin clinic, after I had a mole on my boat-race removed last year. Obviously I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't applied it, but there is no scar whatsoever, so I'd recommend it. I think there have been a few properly conducted trials showing it's efficacy with scarring and stretchmarks and stuff if you have a look. I apply it to my schnozz occasionally too, as I have a bit of sun-damage there (from riding bikes in strong sunshine without the factor 30 suncream), and I find myself explaining to people that it's not caused by necking large quantities of booze. Though there's been no significant change as yet.

200ml is only about £12 deliverd online, and that amount will last forever. You could lube your chain with it too, at a pinch!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I'm no expert, but of this lot I'd have a sneaking suspicion that it would be a combination of Paraffinum Liquidum and the act of massage that would do the most good. You do have the perfect opportunity for a controlled experiment etched across your forehead...

http://www.bio-oil.com/en/product/introduction

Botanicals

Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil)
Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil)
Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil)
Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil)
Vitamins

Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A)
Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
Oil base

Paraffinum Liquidum
Triisononanoin
Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate
Isopropyl Myristate
Glycine Soja Oil
Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil
BHT
Bisabolol
Fragrance (Rose)

Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone
Amyl Cinnamal
Benzyl Salicylate
Citronellol
Coumarin
Eugenol
Farnesol
Geraniol
Hydroxycitronellal
Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde
Limonene
Linalool
Colour

Orange: CI 26100 (Red 17)
Pink: CI 26100 (Red 17) and CI 60725 (Violet 2)

Top Bottom