biodegradable energy gel packaging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Ok so we should all take our litter home with us but I'm seeing an increasing amount of cyclist litter these days...energy gel sachets being numero uno problemo.
Is there a biodegradable packaged energy gel on the market???

A quick.google revealed issues with getting strong enough sachets ...if we can put a man on the moon surely....??

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Yep it's called a banana

winjim

Smash the cistern
A biodegradable pack would take too long to degrade under normal conditions I reckon, and would just give people an excuse to litter. Besides, we haven't put a man on the moon since 1972!

tyred

Legendary Member
Yes, I use them all the time
orange.jpeg

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Cant really understand anyone who takes up cycling so they can get out in the fresh air and take in the beautiful scenery this country has to offer, then litters it with all their crap FFS just take it home.

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Cant really understand anyone who takes up cycling so they can get out in the fresh air and take in the beautiful scenery this country has to offer, then litters it with all their crap FFS just take home.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly, perhaps they're the same people who backpack over wonderfull Scotish wilderness and mountains to leave bags of rubbish at the bothy / wild-campsite, no doubt expecting the weekly bin men to visit.

Pointy boy

Über Member
^^^^^ This.
As both a cyclist and trail / mountain marathon runner, I sometimes despair of my fellow man. On a sunny day the Brecon Beacons shimmer with the reflected light from billions of discarded gel wrappers.
My constructive suggestion, instead of investing in biodegradable wrappers, use the money to station snipers on strategic hilltops, to 'pick off' the offenders. I am joking... Sort of.
To be honest, banana peels aren't great either, and stay on the landscape a lot longer than people realise. About 2 years in fact. Best to take them home as well really.

Top Bottom