Biolite stove

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
Wow! Looks amazing, I'd like to see some really independent reviews before I parted with hard cash, but for a mountain expedition it looks like just what is required

tadpole

Imagine feeding that biomass and twigs for a couple of hours to charge a phone. :wacko: Madness. and for the money you could by a top flight battery pack that would charge your phone 5 times and weigh a tenth of that

tadpole

2026305 said:
And cook food?
My hobo stove weighs 4 ounce (100grams) is about the same size, I've cooked real food for 4 on it including a fry up and bannock, a double handfull of twigs and wood chips. would keep ot going for 30 minutes. why make extra work and keep it burning for at least 60 minutes to give you enough charge for edge/2g 60 minutes (not forgetting 2w @5v 0.4amps output is only 40% of the 1amp that is about the lowest some smart phone will accept as minium before it will even start to charge.) Ok you could use it for a couple of days between plugging in your phone to charge, and the biolights internal battery will store enough of a charge to give you power, but if you've got a smart phone it's not likely that it will last a couple of days between charges.

Top Bottom