Birthday cards...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I got a grand total of 3. Well, and greetings from you lot, and a few texts, so I'm not moaning about quantity.

It's a quality issue. Two of them were lovely. From Mum, a photo seascape of that beach at Crosby with the Gormley statues. From sister, a pic of a ceramic tile featuring a lovely fish image (I think I actually sent the same card to my Mum once!)

And then the other one. From an ex boyfriend who kindly persists in sending birthday and Christmas cards every year, even when I don't reciprocate.

Happy Birthday it says on the front, and 'dangling' from the letters are various little images.

A football, a golf club, and a pint of beer. (lager by the look of it).

Now, I'll admit to the beer - even lager when abroad and it's decent stuff.

But a football and a golf club?

Turning it over, I see that it's titled 'Male icons'.

Do you ever get the feeling someone hasn't really put much thought into something?

rusky

CC Addict
I know people who are much the same.

I think at this point I'm supposed to say it's the thought that counts!

Happy birthday btw :tongue:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
rusky said:
I know people who are much the same.

I think at this point I'm supposed to say it's the thought that counts!

Happy birthday btw :tongue:

I know the thought counts, but somehow it's worse than nothing, because you kind of hope someone in that situation would remember that I can't abide either football or golf.

It's not like some old aunt who's out of touch and thinks you're still 8.

Unless it's a very subtle joke, but he never struck me as that sort of humourist.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
On the other hand, I must say, my favourite bit of post was what came with my sister's card - Oli did a painting of a bumble bee, all by himself and she sent it to me.

It's definitely a bumble bee, it's got black and yellow, in sort of stripes, two things that might be eyes and 6, well, ok 5, legs. He's not 3 yet.

I'm going out tomorrow to buy a frame for it.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
You're a wretched ingrate, Arch. The lagery, footbally, golf type card sounds charming in an I'm completely useless, and this is one I found in a drawer earlier and anything is probably better than nothing or it seems that way in my alcoholic stupor, type way.

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
snakehips said:
Don't be too sure.
I got a picture from a granddaughter once that turned out to be a 'biscuit in a caravan'.

I wouldn't have guessed that.

LOL!:thumbsup:

3Bikes - let me know when it's your birthday and I'll send it on....

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've told everyone I know not to send me birthday cards as they're a waste of space and they all said that they weren't going to anyway.
B8stards.

Top Bottom