Birthday ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srshultz

Well-Known Member
Today was my 74th birthday. To celebrate, I rode 42 miles on Texas farm-to-market roads in 15 to 20 mph winds and 3 rain storms. What fun. I can’t wait to see what insane adventure I will take on for my 75th. Do you think I may be experiencing mental deterioration or am I just a rider?
 

iandg

Squire
Happy Birthday. My birthday too (63). My ride was planned for yesterday to meet some friends for lunch but the puncture fairy cut me short and I never made the destination. Out for lunch with my wife today then home and played the bass. Heading into town tomorrow (Dumfries is about 20km) to take some primary school kids on a led ride. No cycling today but enjoyed my birthday :smile:
 
OP
OP
srshultz

srshultz

Well-Known Member
I rode 70km for my 70th. I am now 82 and have not bothered for the last 12 years.
Unlike golfers where shooting your age gets easier for cyclists riding your age gets progressively more challenging!
I am a golfer as well and managed to shoot my age last year. ONCE!
 
OP
OP
srshultz

srshultz

Well-Known Member
I was 67 on Wednesday.
Family stuff has delayed my birthday miles trip.
But 67 miles will be done ASAP.
Not ready to go metric just yet

Go for it! Senior power!
 
Top Bottom