Bit Damp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
By virtue of a very early morning commute to work, I arrived before the rain and gales really got going here. Looks like a very windy uphill commute home though :sad:.

Still, at least it's not snowing here................................yet!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
As HLaB said, a wee bit blustery and cold this morning, but I managed to avoid all of the rain / snow / sleet / hail once again, and arrived dry (bar the sweaty patches on my top).

Mustn't have been as bad as last Friday as I was only 5 minutes slower after this morning's 10-mile ride into the wind.

I hope it's snowing on the way home - still never been riding when it's snowing and sooo want to !

Tetedelacourse

2 hours in traffic to get 1 mile onto the bridge for me today, as I had to drop kids off in South Queensferry. Thanks to this:

lorry lorry wind

I only had to get out once with mini-tete for a call of nature though!

The weather is supposed to worsen overnight tonight.

Tynan

Veteran
wind stopped here now, tsk

although I'd rather that than any chance of the wind not being square behind me

it's worth it now and then just to appreciate a still day

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Still pretty breezy in Manchester, but its dry.....wind assisted and dry return. Only bummer is cleaning and maintaining the bike tonight after the volumes of water and slush that I went through this morning. All the components got squirted with lube when I got to work though.

domtyler

Über Member
So far the only fatality seems to be a lorry driver:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7219492.stm

I thought that cyclists were supposed to be the vulnerable ones? How does a lorry driver manage to get himself killed surrounded by twenty tonnes of steel armour? :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:
So far the only fatality seems to be a lorry driver:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7219492.stm

I thought that cyclists were supposed to be the vulnerable ones? How does a lorry driver manage to get himself killed surrounded by twenty tonnes of steel armour? :biggrin:

Looking at the photo, the lorry blew over onto the central barrier. I imagine if that comes in through the side of your truck at any speed, it's a bit of a threat to life and limb.

Was a bit blowy coming in today, and there've been intermittant hail blizzards all day. Not right now, just hope it stay that way until I get home...

Plax

Guru
goo_mason said:
I hope it's snowing on the way home - still never been riding when it's snowing and sooo want to !

Nor me, and I so want to! I didn't cycle in today as I couldn't be bothered battling the wind (It was bad enough this morning just trying to catch the wheely bin on it's way up the road:o).

Shame really as it snowed big time on the way home and I'd have got caught in it on the bike. All seems to have melted though:sad:

simonali

Guru
10 minutes before I left work last night there was rain that seemed to be landing in a different county it was so horizontal and then just as I left it all stopped. No rain, no wind. I couldn't believe my luck! Only wetness I encountered was splashing through a few gutterside puddles as veehickles were passing and meant I couldn't go around them.

Top Bottom