Bit nervous..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
..back to commuting during 'normal' hours from tomorrow, will be on the road at 7am and 4.30pm finish.
Used to relatively quiet roads due to my shift work, might even see a few other cyclists including some cc'ers :hello:
Sort of looking forward to it, in a nervous/excited kind of way, certainly need to improve and practice my filtering techniques as the route can be quite congested at those times.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Don't be a big girl! You'll be fine.

If I spot you I'll ride you into the gutter hold your hand and make sure you are ok. :hello:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's a good job we are travelling in the opposite direction - you won't like my filtering :wacko:. Probably see you near Gatley - I'll be on the long route if the weather holds up. How long are you back on days for ?

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Lovely to see the concern shown on here, yes I made it in, its fairly quiet still at 7am, will be worse going home, but I should have a nice tailwind to help.
Sunny here as well, which always makes the cycling better :sun:

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Well I made it home :wahhey:
Quite enjoyed it tbh, was way busier than I'm used to but did loads of nifty maneuvres and made really good progress.
Was packed from right outside work so was able to wave at my colleagues that were stuck in it despite living within 2 miles of home :laugh:

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Most of us live within 2 miles of home, I live even closer than that! :tongue:
:blush: working within 2 miles of home I meant.
Was there a smash on the M-way? Someone said the Bredbury turn off was shut which would explain the big jam on Ashton road :unsure:

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Shame indeed :giggle:
Was home about 2 minutes later than on a quiet shift, though some of that was down to the tailwind :thumbsup:
Hoping the TPT dries out a bit so I can use that later in week, maybe try it Wednesday.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
This could be why the traffic was so bad last night :ohmy:
C_71_article_1492542_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Was quite busy tonight too, am starting to enjoy the filtering, though I didn't enjoy the 'left hook' so much in Cheadle :angry:

Top Bottom