Bit nervous..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marafi

Rolling down the hills with the bike.
How was that possible with the van i mean to come almost off the bridge?? Don't be nervous, do whatever is most comfortable to you.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's a bad junction round there. Locals know it well, but it can easily catch others out. It's a multi exit entry junction, dual carriageways next tho motorway. There are three directions with six lanes converging, with shallow defferences between carriageways, it's straight on, but some folk have veared slightly and it's got messy.

My missus saw the blue car before the roof got removed, I.e folk still in car. Not good. Drivers on surrounding roads were being idiots, so it was a slow safe ride filtering past them.

fossyant

My missus said it was the dual carriageway junction. Looking at google maps the underpass comes off the TPT so that's what caused confusion as you don't see it from a car, and I have never used it on the bike.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Traffic was bad again tonight on Ashton road, is it always like that at 4.30pm?
As this is 1st week of 'days' for me and a lot of my colleagues, they are really peed off about it, took 1 lad 30 minutes to get to Woodley and another 50 minutes to get home and he lives near me, only took me 40 on the bike ^_^

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
It is usually bad, mornings too (and all day saturday and sunday).
Was much quieter tonight, rode part way home with a colleague who has just returned after being knocked off the other week, he's on a borrowed mtb so I was able to demolish him on the only hill :laugh:
See lots more cyclists now on these hours, a lot of which make me wince with their antics :rolleyes:

Not seen you yet Fossy, are you hiding? :ph34r:

fossyant

No, short route Monday, came back from Manchester last night via A34 and A6, then tonight went the long route home via Styal. Should be on the normal route next two days.

Top Bottom