Bit Stinky?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I always ride steady on the commute and don't normally arrive sweaty and stinky.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If you work where I think you do then everyone will have a sweat on by first break - I don't miss it one bit...

Nowadays I work in an office and sometimes don't bother changing - nobody has complained of my smell so far! AC 24/7 is great too!
Luckily i spend half my day sat on a fork truck so i am not a monkey doing the same set of moves every 80 seconds , i worked on production and i doubt i would have stayed if i had to do that every day.Not that i couldn't do it but its mind numbing and i keep pushing for more responsibility but "dead man shoes " hold you back.
I would love to get another job but given that i am the only bread winner and the economic climate i am pretty much stuck, the pension and healthcare benefits also help.

chugsy

Luckily i spend half my day sat on a fork truck so i am not a monkey doing the same set of moves every 80 seconds , i worked on production and i doubt i would have stayed if i had to do that every day.Not that i couldn't do it but its mind numbing and i keep pushing for more responsibility but "dead man shoes " hold you back.
I would love to get another job but given that i am the only bread winner and the economic climate i am pretty much stuck, the pension and healthcare benefits also help.
80 secs? Takt times gone up a fair bit in the last 4 years?!!!

cyberknight

80 secs? Takt times gone up a fair bit in the last 4 years?!!!
LOL !

You can tell you worked there when you start saying words like that .ATM things are slow with the economy and current models due for a facelift.
At least we are back on shifts as i had nearly 2 years of days + short time which meant i had to downsize my house etc etc when the banks went belly up.
Next year should be back to silly speeds if all goes well with the company, you might have heard about about the planned recruitment drive.

chugsy

Planned recruitment drive? They won't take me back - I asked at the time of my exit interview! I'm sure I would have been a shoe in for voluntary redundancy if I'd hung around a bit longer... just had enough of pre-shift aerobics, thinking up silly motivational rhymes and M1 micro sleeping.

All a bit off topic! If you work with Tony Salmon tell him I said hi!

cyberknight

Yes i do :smile:

IMHO if i was 10 years younger and no family i would walk but i aint and i have a wife and 2 kids so i am stuck ,luckily for me its 10 miles away so it makes ideal cycle commuting distance .
Other local companies are recruiting as well soon but its a case of better the devil you know .........

Mozzy

Sweaty for sure :ohmy:

I work in the weld shop of a car factory though so by the end of the day i have a distinct aroma of welding by products anyway so a bit of clean sweat is not going to annoy anyone .
I like the smell in welding shops and on overalls; not sure why, but I love hot tar as well :smile:

I'm so lucky stink-wise; Yes I leak well, but so I am told no aroma other than deodorant/body spray smells.

Top Bottom