Bitten by my Fixie - Get your Friday Giggle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rootsrocker

:biggrin: Last weekend I decided to swap over from SS to fixed for the first time.

All seemed well.I found the shorter cranks made spinning faster much easier and combined with leg breaking, descending on my 'girly' 66" much more controlable.

I had just started to feel like I was getting the hang of it all,when an opportunity to outsprint a young upstart on his mtb presented itself on the way to work last Monday.
I was unable to resist & rather pleasingly,I thought,left the said young man trailing in my wake......

....until I hit the first speed bump and suddenly years of offroading kicked in and...... yep, as I appraoched the speed hump at speed,I stood up on the pedals to absorb the bump and coast over it.

I hope I provided my adversary with a good chuckle as my pedals kicked me out - forcibly! - landing me on the toptube (ouch!) with my legs flailing comically and the pedals whirling around wildly. :blush: I just managed to regain control of the bike without falling off.

I now have a lovely black and blue left calf as a reminder not to stop spinning......

ahem! :rolleyes: oh well ! Life is for laughing - hope this makes other people laugh too !

domtyler

Über Member
Ouch. you won't do that again in a hurry!!

Not 'til the next time anyway!

Arch

Married to Night Train
I don't venture in here much, not being a fixie rider, but the title caught my eye...

Ouch!

And how maganimous of you - first post and it's a 'laugh with/at me' thread...:rolleyes:

Well done for not falling off! I'd have come a cropper...

Mr Phoebus

rootsrocker said:
:biggrin: Last weekend I decided to swap over from SS to fixed for the first time.

All seemed well.I found the shorter cranks made spinning faster much easier and combined with leg breaking, descending on my 'girly' 66" much more controlable.
You're lucky this isn't so :blush: Oh well!!! You live and learn.:rolleyes:
Heal soon.

skwerl

nature's way of teaching. you tend to do these things once only.
same as when my cat ran up the chimney after a moth. The ensuing bath ensured she didn't try that again.

Canrider

Guru
That's funnier than what I thought this was going to be about: ie the recurring 'my finger got cut off when it got caught in the spinning chain' story.

Top Bottom