Bkool and Wahoo kickr owner (well on its way)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shortone

Hi all,

Been away from the site for a while but I'm back and have just ordered a wahoo kickr and am thinking of using the bkool software.
I see it links to strava and using the bkool app on your phone it will track your rides and runs. Will it import rides and runs from strava, don't know why i would need it too but just a thought?
Do I need to read all 424 pages of the BKOOL thread or is there a summary of what I need to know floating about.?
Is there a cycle chat type group to join or do you need to add individuals?
Is it as good as it looks?

any tips I need to know/ can't live without knowing?
I will be using a
Whaoo Kickr
Sunto ant + usb dongle and laptop
Garmin speed and cadence GSC10 sensor
Garmin HRM

Thanks

Andy

RickB

professional procrastinator
Hi

Dont know about a brief summary for Bkool, but there is a 'cyclechat chain gang' group on Bkool for you to join (not currently any leagues underway due to the summer break). I'm on there as Rickb if you want to add me.

The software is well worth it and is fantastic motivation (once you get used to their quirks!) You'll push yourself harder on this than on anything else I reckon. A number of us are currently competing in the Bkool Summer League which has a couple of rides a week to complete.

Most of us run a USB extension lead with the USB Ant+ dongle to get it as near to our Bkool trainers as possible to minimise drop-outs - not sure if this will be necessary for a Kickr though.

You can import rides from Strava, and then Bkool will create a 3D sim of that run. Havent used any of my own rides yet, but handy to know you can if the notion takes you.

Hope that helps!

Top Bottom