Bkool demo questions for using on an iPad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Rover

Guru
hi, I'll apologise first, I'm normally quite good with searching for info like this but I'm just about to set off on the commute and times against me this weekend!

My LBS are going to lend me a demo bkool with I plan to use via my iPad, I then hope to put the picture onto a TV.
My question is which adapter do I need that doesn't come with the bkool to make it work on the iPad? I've already got a suitable adapter to send the picture onto my TV and an HDMI lead.

I hope this makes sense and again apols for the question.

Cheers Stuart.

Edit. I should add that the guy in the shop isn't in for day or two hence the question here.

RamirezAGC

Hi there,
You will need a Wahoo ANT+ key and depending on your iPad a lightning plug to 30 pin plug (old style apple connector) adaptor. The Wahoo ANT+ is about £50 and the adaptor can be bought on ebay for anything from 99p for a third party model to about £15 for an official apple one.

RickB

professional procrastinator
hi, I'll apologise first, I'm normally quite good with searching for info like this but I'm just about to set off on the commute and times against me this weekend!

My LBS are going to lend me a demo bkool with I plan to use via my iPad, I then hope to put the picture onto a TV.
My question is which adapter do I need that doesn't come with the bkool to make it work on the iPad? I've already got a suitable adapter to send the picture onto my TV and an HDMI lead.

I hope this makes sense and again apols for the question.

Cheers Stuart.

Edit. I should add that the guy in the shop isn't in for day or two hence the question here.
I assume they have supplied you with the Ant + USB dongle as its part of the package? If so, I would think you just need to get an adaptor that allows you to use a USB device on an ipad like this.

Hope thats right as I dont actually have an ipad but I believe it to be as straightforward as that.

OP
OP
The Rover

The Rover

Guru
Thanks both, looks like the wahoo key and lightening connector are what I need. Dont think I'll be able to transfer the picture from my iPad 2 to my tv though unless I get an apple box but that's for another day.

Cheers

Iridebikes

Hi,
I wonder if any of you guys can clear something up for me regarding this ant+ and ipad connection. I've read the FAQ's on Bkool's site, but I'm still not totally clear.
Bkool supply an ant+ USB dongle, I would've thought that all I need to connect to my latest gen ipad is a lightning to USB adapter. However, their site and some replies on the net say that you need a wahoo ant+ dongle and then a lightning to 30 pin adapter. I don't know if this info is outdated or whether the Bkool USB dongle just doesn't work with iPad.
I see on suffefest's site they mention usb2 being required for their software. If anyone knows and could supply a link to an official apple connector ( I always have Probs with cheap connectors) that would be appreciated.

I have asked Bkool, but don't expect an answer for a while,.

Cheers.

Top Bottom