BKool Pro identification

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ray-s

Regular
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone knows how to identify if a BKool Pro is a 2015 model or a 2016?
I believe the software on the 2016 is much better or can the 2015 be updated?
Thanks.

RickB

professional procrastinator
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone knows how to identify if a BKool Pro is a 2015 model or a 2016?
I believe the software on the 2016 is much better or can the 2015 be updated?
Thanks.
They can be updated. If you look at the FAQ section on here I think Geoff mentions versions. Although it has never happened my turbo as it's the latest version, the pro models do upgrade when new firmware is released. You won't notice any difference to be honest. The Bsim software updates make the most difference

uncle_adolph

Über Member
You do need to ensure you have a Pro with the more recent circuitry otherwise you will not be able to do firmware updates.....as I have found. My Pro (purchased from Amazon in April 2015) was evidently one of the pre-August 2014 models where the firmware is stuck and the only way it can be unstuck is to return it to BKool. Mine is currently sunning itself in Majorca for the upgrade!

It's probably not a problem if you are going to stick with BKool software but if you want to use the new ANT+ protocol and other software then you need firmware 3.06.

OP
OP
R

ray-s

Regular
Thanks for that. Looking at helping my brother get one and there is one for sale close to home. It was bought in late November and the seller has been told by the shop he bought it from that it is the latest one???? Might have to contact him again and ask about the firmware version.
I have an IMagic multiplayer myself but the BKool looks good and I could be tempted myself if the Tacx unit gives me any more hassle.

uncle_adolph

Über Member
Thanks for that. Looking at helping my brother get one and there is one for sale close to home. It was bought in late November and the seller has been told by the shop he bought it from that it is the latest one???? Might have to contact him again and ask about the firmware version.
I have an IMagic multiplayer myself but the BKool looks good and I could be tempted myself if the Tacx unit gives me any more hassle.

Having been bought in November it should be the latest but best make sure! Get the seller to fire up the BKool software, connect the trainer and then check Settings => About BKool Indoor. At the bottom of the report it will give you the firmware version.....I believe the latest is 3.06.

If it is not then it ought to offer you the update though apparently this can be problematical.....sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

OP
OP
R

ray-s

Regular
Sorted now. Took a few emails back and forth but have now received a photo showing it is running 3.06 so all good.
Thanks everyone.

Top Bottom