BKool simulator issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RolandvanDijk

Dear community,

Ever since the November update my Bkool simulator (under windows) is rather unusable. The screens stutters constantly and it randomly crashes on average twice an hour. I have tried reinstalling the software on two different computers (including a one year old i7 with 8g) to no avail. Bkool support is not replying (as usual). Does anybody else have the same issues?

Roland
Wahoo Kickr

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Have you updated all the drivers for your computers. Video cards in particular. I've had issues that were driver related not software related.

Aside from that I'll let the usual crew jump in with their suggestions.

Tomculb

Regular
Just in the last couple of weeks or so, from time to time my BKool Smart Go trainer (paired with an Android tablet) stops changing the resistance, sometimes at the beginning of a ride, sometimes midway through. This morning after about 5 minutes of working just fine, suddenly I found myself stuck on about a 6.5% grade, even though I was supposedly going down hill. This is my 4th indoor season with BKool, and it's the first time I've had this problem. Anyone else had a similar problem?

OP
OP
R

RolandvanDijk

Thank you for all your reactions!
I did know the specifications had changed. But with a pentium i7 and 8gigabyte memory and an Intel HD630 graphics, I would think it would be sufficient to use BKool (no problems with swift ;)). All driver updated. And tried now on three laptops...

The stutter is not only on 3D, it is also on video and map! It is also not just every now and then, but about every 3 to 5 seconds.

Is there somebody else using Bkool under windows (with a wahoo Kickr)?

StijnVanOnacker

Tried Bkool yesterday for the first time and hated the stuttering, indeed every 3 to 5 seconds, lowered the resolution, but didn't see improvement .
After 1 hour the screen freezed, but everything keept working, I was chasing/passing other cyclist, Wahoo Kickr worked, ...
Using Bkool on Windows 10 laptop with Wahoo Kickr Core

Has anyone got a solution for this? I installed BKool today on a brand new top of the range laptop with pretty much max everything and it was stuttering every second or so. Completely unusable, and incredibly frustrating.

I use Windows 10 and a Wahoo Kickr. All drivers are up to date.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
One thing you could try, is once you have the program running, strat task manager ... Details tab ... Right Click the app name ... Set priority ... Above normal

If that helps, then it is possible to force the app to always start above normal using another program, but I can't remember what it is called ... It's in a post on Zwift insider, which for some people had stuttering issues

Thanks Aleman, that's a really good and sensible suggestion. Unfortunately I still experience the same issue - it feels as though there is Bluetooth interruption as opposed to the laptop struggling to keep up.

I wrote to support though I still, 2 weeks later, haven't heard back.

Maybe it's time to look into other providers. Shame.

I got a reply from support who advised this is a known issue which is going to be fixed in the next release. In the meantime they sent me a link to use a Beta version of the program which I can confirm does not have any stuttering. Link is below (for Windows) should anyone want it.

https://bkool-public.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/dramirez.TC_660_WattbikeTest/bsim2setup.exe

Obvs comes with conditions:

Important: The Beta version is normally used by a small number of users, as it is a version made for testing, you will see less Live sessions too. This Beta version will soon be released as an update of the current Bkool Cycling simulator, available for all our users, so in that moment you will be able to get back to the main version, update it and use it normally. Please stay tuned for this update.

Smthers

Über Member
I got that response from Bkool as well. The only issue I have is occasional pausing of the video footage, and then the comedy fast forward as it catches up. Other than that I'm really liking Bkool, and have even subscribed.

Torvil

I have a BKOOL Classic which I have had from new. It has developed an issue where it switches off mid session (session stays live but all sensors go red and lose connection. I stop the session try and reset the smart trainer but it will not switch back on. No initial start up buzz or anything. Leave it a day or two and it’s works again.
My 10 yr old son tried a session this week and did a 17KM session which was fine. I wonder if it’s a reaction to extra power or heat. Can anyone help me please?

Top Bottom