bkool training plan and calendar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan w

Hi
Recently purchased bkool pro from Evans. thought I would follow the bkool 90km in 3hours 30 plan. The FTP reading seemed low compareed to trainer road 20 min threshold test and the first 2 sessions of the plan seem very easy. Not sure how accurate this thing is.
Also the scheduled sessions are out by 1 day. Checked time zone under settings on bkool website and also time and date on my pc, all ok.
What are the thoughts on the bkool training plans and anyone experienced issues with the calendar
Thanks
Alan

Did you do the 20 min FTP test on TR using that trainer? If you're using virtual power or a power reading that comes from an electronic trainer, it's best to test for your FTP on that specific trainer to ensure greatest accuracy. This may be the reason the sessions feel so easy. I'm not terribly familiar with the Bkool trainers or training plans, so I can't offer much assistance on that front.

-Trevor

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
A

Alan w

Trevor
used an Elite fluid trainer for TR FTP test and the bkool trainer for their test. While the tests are a bit different I did not expect nearly 100 watt difference for the respective tests, thebkool one give the lower watts readout for their 20 min test. However although I appreciate their maybe some difference I am suprised by the ammount of the difference and the fact that the 3 sessions I have now completed have all seemed easy and by staying in the green zone my times have been much slower than I would have thought and the resistance has felt relatively light.
Regards
Alan

g00se

Veteran
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread but Elite power curves that third parties use seem to be all over the place - that's one of the reasons I'm getting a Bkool or a Tacx Smart. The curve for an Elite Hydromag gives me an FTP around 300W! After talking with the trainerroad guys, they suggested a regular Elite Crono Mag profile which has it about 200W but the curve doesn't feel right the further you get away from that figure.

Top Bottom