Bl**dy corporate inflexibiliy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bloody O2. W*nkers. Bar*rds.

I have just upgraded my mobile after they spent weeks fannying around not repairing my old broken one. I have a CD of software with the phone to load onto my PC so that I can do all sorts of things with the phone, and use its features fully. However, the CD didn't install properly and the program doesn't work.

Guess what part it didn't install properly... the uninstall software. I have tried manually getting rid of all the gubbins, but damnit, now that I try to re-load the CD all it does is fire up the uninstall program, which won't work, because it cocked up during installation.

So I call O2 and after 15mins on hold am passed through FOUR service centres with hold times varying between 5 and 20minutes, to finally be told that I have to send my phone and all that came with it back to them, wait for them to test it, and then they will send me out a new one.

BAR*RDS

All I need is a new CD, not to post the phone back, wait a WEEK, and them to send me another one. I already have put loads of stuff on this phone, which I can't get off it thanks to their ropey software, and that I will now lose thanks to their ridiculous inflexibility.

They then pretended not to be able to hear me when I started to make a fuss about wanting to be compensated for the time I can't use my phone, and the expense of posting it back to them, and f*cking hung up on me!

D@MN THEM ALL THE WAY TO HELL

Arch

Married to Night Train
oh, I feel for you. When my phone went wrong the girl in the Orange shop didn't test it properly, and I had to send it away - it came back saying there was nothing wrong and the chap (more on the ball) tested the SIM card - yes, you guessed it, it was the SIM card, not the phone. He rings customer services, they say they'll ring me at home. They do when I'm out, with a reference number. I ring them, with reference numbe, get puzzled girl in India who eventually just puts me through to lad in Britain. Lad sets out to get me to test phone, by telling me what buttons to press. I explain it's not the phone, I just need replacement SIM card. But no, we go on for 45 minutes, him telling to switch off and on again, me repeating, no, it's the SIM card... etc. Eventually, I lose rag, hang up. Minutes later, lady rings to say, new SIM card is in post - seemed like one hand had no idea what other was doing.

Anyway, I switched to vodafone.

Click Start, Run and type in 'regedit' and press Enter to load up the registry. Click on Edit, then Find and type in something related to the phone or software, such as 'Nokia' and press Enter to start a search. If it finds something, press delete to get rid of it then press F3 to start searching again.

Delete all the entries it finds, then reboot and try reinstall.

Abitrary

Mobile phone companies are the worst, or at least up there with those companies that go round selling space hoppers to grannies door to door, and I'm sure they'll be the tipping point for consumer rights.

The more you ring them up to complain, the more they make.

Keith Oates

Janner
In the Philippines you just go into any phone related shop buy a Sim card, put it in the phone and away you go. When the money credit is about to run out just top it up no bother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bonj2

if you want to transfer stuff from your phone to PC, it's easiest to bluetooth it.

Carwash

Señor Member
trustysteed said:
Click Start, Run and type in 'regedit' and press Enter to load up the registry. Click on Edit, then Find and type in something related to the phone or software, such as 'Nokia' and press Enter to start a search. If it finds something, press delete to get rid of it then press F3 to start searching again.

Delete all the entries it finds, then reboot and try reinstall.

Take great care with this. The Windows Registry is a treacherous maze of twisty passages, all evil: one false move has the potential to cause breakage. Make sure you know what you're doing.

Top Bottom