Bl**dy hiccups!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not the answer on the card, but one point for trying.

Cheers
You need to give it up. When the subject of the thread is "Hiccups", then the answer is so obvious that no one is going to say it.

It's like an old joke I used to tell "Why do elephants have big ears? Because Noddy won't pay the ransom" Problem is, I tend to tell it only after Noddy or Enid Blyton came up in the conversation, so people easily guessed the answer.

(My personal cure for hiccups is draw in a lung full of air, hold my breath and my nose shut. )

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
He should do that anyway as a punishment for drinking Budweiser.

Is drinking Budweiser not sufficient punishment in itself?

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
You need to give it up. When the subject of the thread is "Hiccups", then the answer is so obvious that no one is going to say it.

It's like an old joke I used to tell "Why do elephants have big ears? Because Noddy won't pay the ransom" Problem is, I tend to tell it only after Noddy or Enid Blyton came up in the conversation, so people easily guessed the answer.

(My personal cure for hiccups is draw in a lung full of air, hold my breath and my nose shut. )
This works for me. Hold your breath for as long as possible and then release slowly. Repeat.
It was explained to me years ago that holding your breath builds up carbon dioxide in the blood which causes your diaphram to stop going into spasm ie hiccups.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Apparently the US Army was worried about grunts getting hiccups while on patrol in Vietnam so they had a procedure for it. If you got hiccups, you'd find another soldier, hold hands and look in to their eyes until they went away (or possibly for the count of 30, I heard the 'fact' a long time ago). As with every other hiccup cure, it sounds like it's been devised primarily for the amusement of those without hiccups. I presume the theory with them all is that by concentrating on something else you give your body time to calm down and 'reset'.

Top Bottom