Bl00dy Motons!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Had two today, and I wasn't even on the bike. The first, walking into miniMikey's school, and there's a stupid mum in 4 x 4 on the phone at the gate. I loudly called her out and gave her a boll0cking on. Used my teacher voice so extremely loud, though I stayed polite. She was upset enough to turn the car around and drive down to talk to me and make excuses and apologise.

Then back near home, walking along the pavement with miniMikey in pram, some idiot in another 4x4 starts driving at me as I'm walking on the pavement across an entrance. Still pavement though. Boll0cked on him too.

In a bad mood now, really annoyed with these selfish idiots.

PBancroft

Had one today as well - there must be something in the air.

Driving to work as I'm off the bike until I get the aches sorted out, and I'm waiting behind an ASL at a red light. Hairdryer motorbikes (both with L plates) come up on both sides and sit in the ASL... to be fair, I don't mind this so much. It is a VERY steep hill and if there wasn't a cyclist in there already or on the way, chances are one wouldn't appear suddenly.

One of them is indicating, the other isn't. The one that isn't decides to run the red, he has a good look around the junction, and then comes back to his mate. Backwards.

He then runs the red light for a second time, and this time decides to nip between the oncoming traffic. All the while his mate is waiting patiently at the light. He disappears out of sight.

The silly thing is, I didn't even get his number plate - I was just sat there open mouthed at how much of a tw@t the guy was being.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Coming down Green Lanes, car edging out of a side turning ahead of me. Waited till I was ten yards away, then pulled slowly round the corner into my path. Fortunately I'd anticipated, so just slowed down. No big deal. I mean, the road behind me was clear for 200 yards, he could have waited a few seconds, but no big deal. Having pulled in front of me, he could have accelerated at a reasonable speed instead of taking off like an asthmatic tortoise, but still...

Half a mile down the road, crossroads. I'm coming up behind him. Get ready to overtake on his left, seeing as he's signalling right and positioning himself to turn right and slowing down to turn right....and then he turns left. Give me strength...

Had a Fiesta with enhanced exhaust drive right up to my legs, as I walked the hound. He was turning in, as I was at least half way across over a minor road. It appeared he didn't want to give way, and wanted to make that clear. So close I was able to slap his bonnet, as a warning. At the time, I was wearing a head torch which I had already turned in his direction, as he approached from my left side, and hound was wearing retro-reflective lead, harness etc, so he knew well what he was doing. After I had a word with police, and his mum was visited at home, he confessed that the sequence I described was correct. He was given a S59 warning. Polis took on board the inconsiderate driving, and deliberate attempt to alarm. I suspect he'd been seen hooning about previously. That might slow him down a little:smile:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Kaipaith said:
Had one today as well - there must be something in the air.

Driving to work as I'm off the bike until I get the aches sorted out, and I'm waiting behind an ASL at a red light. Hairdryer motorbikes (both with L plates) come up on both sides and sit in the ASL... to be fair, I don't mind this so much. It is a VERY steep hill and if there wasn't a cyclist in there already or on the way, chances are one wouldn't appear suddenly.

One of them is indicating, the other isn't. The one that isn't decides to run the red, he has a good look around the junction, and then comes back to his mate. Backwards.

He then runs the red light for a second time, and this time decides to nip between the oncoming traffic. All the while his mate is waiting patiently at the light. He disappears out of sight.

The silly thing is, I didn't even get his number plate - I was just sat there open mouthed at how much of a tw@t the guy was being.

I though I knew every ASL in Hampshire. Where this?

There was a craze for the mopeds amongst the local young people in my 'hood last winter if I remember. One of the silly billies stuffed his Honda ghd on the steepest part of my ride home from the station, as I discovered when I slithered over the oily sh1te he'd dribbled all over the hill. Thanks for that.

London Bridge afternoon commute and some moron in a van quite happily chatting on his phone.I wish plod would throw the book at these clowns.

PBancroft

Bollo said:
I though I knew every ASL in Hampshire. Where this?

Top of Stanmore Lane going on to the B3040, so quite a nasty little junction to run the red light on.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Kaipaith said:
Top of Stanmore Lane going on to the B3040, so quite a nasty little junction to run the red light on.

Yes. Nasty one that, especially as the hill kicks up right at the lights and the pedestrian refuge makes it a tasty pinch point. Bugger to clip in there also if you're on the bike.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Gordon Bennett, what is in the air? It's muppets a go-go out there. After yesterday's little incident, had another this morning: approaching a crossroads, and the car crossing my 'dominant' road just kept going, as if I wasn't there, leaving me to brake quite hard to avoid broadsiding her. I was just about to unleash a bit of the fruity stuff when I saw the driver - a woman 'd'une certain age' - put her hand up to her mouth in shock as she belatedly spotted me. She looked very apologetic and contrite, so I left it at that. But bloody hell...what are these numpties doing in control of motor vehicles? I wouldn't trust them with a micro-scooter.

Plax

Guru
I had a nice car driver yesterday. He let me turn right before him even though it was his right of way, then did a nice overtake and gave me a friendly wave. Don't think I knew him (didn't recognise the car), perhaps he just fancied me ;).

Top Bottom