Black Cab Driver Critical Mass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
A good protest to make imo. I fully support them doing it.

Dan B

Disengaged member
There's no contradiction in the cab driver's different attitude to taxi protests vs anyone-else-protests: it's the logical extension of their general attitude to taxis using the road vs anyone else using the road. It seems beyond the intellectual capacity of some of them to grasp that many of us are multimodal, and the cyclist or pedestrian they are trying to force off the road today may well have been their customer yesterday or potential customer tomorrow.

BigSteev

To be fair, it's difficult to think of anything much that's within their intellectual capacity.

BigSteev

Fred Housego about 30 years ago - won by choosing subjects on which he was the acknowledged expert. I suspect they were on ways to get away with illegal u-turns in Central London or similar :smile:
The current standard of black cab driver has declined since then.

StuartG

slower but further
BigSteev said:
Fred Housego about 30 years ago - won by choosing subjects on which he was the acknowledged expert. I suspect they were on ways to get away with illegal u-turns in Central London or similar xx(
The current standard of black cab driver has declined since then.
Tower of London and is reportedly still driving a cab somewhere ...

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the4 economy of cab driving is volatile. In good times they do very well, and some of them, it is rumoured, do not account fully to the Inland Revenue, although I'm absolutely sure that none of them are off-duty firemen.

In bad times they spend time ranking up, which costs money and makes them grumpy. And right now there's a lot of ranking up. Have a care. They're not in a good mood.

ferret fur

I notice one of the cabbies demands from the news page
Allow black cab drivers to stop to use toilets

I am appalled that they are required by law to keep driving while they go for a pee. That probably explains their attitude to other road users

ferret fur said:
I notice one of the cabbies demands from the news page

I am appalled that they are required by law to keep driving while they go for a pee. That probably explains their attitude to other road users

I think licensed Hackney Carriage Drivers are allowed to pee on their back wheel - as long as they keep their hand on it... (the cab, silly :evil:) :biggrin:

Don't suppose many of them could do that rolling along...

Top Bottom