Black Friday Sales........PAH !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kai

Regular
Ive been looking at getting a Garmin Edge500 pack for a while , now in the last month the prices have reduced a little and Chain Reaction were selling these around £190 delivered.

Imagine my excitement when i saw the big banner advert stating 10% off everything :smile:

Clicked on the Edge ready to order and noticed the price has been increased to £225 , with the discount its now more expensive than the pre sale price :sad:
And the moral of the story is never to trust an advert.

defy-one

my Garmin 200 is broken :sad:
Should i go for a 500 or 800?

RWright

Guru
Ive been looking at getting a Garmin Edge500 pack for a while , now in the last month the prices have reduced a little and Chain Reaction were selling these around £190 delivered.

Imagine my excitement when i saw the big banner advert stating 10% off everything :smile:

Clicked on the Edge ready to order and noticed the price has been increased to £225 , with the discount its now more expensive than the pre sale price :sad:
And the moral of the story is never to trust an advert.

I have had the exact same thing happen to me at a US seller site when i was wanting a Brooks saddle.

About the same thing happened to me today on a Garmin 500. Performancebike.com was having a 20 percent off sale from this weekend extended for a few hours this morning. I am a buyers club member and would have got an additional 10 percent credit to my account for being a member. I was in the process of ordering and my phone rang. Twenty minutes later the 20 percent off had been replaced with a 20 dollars off orders over 100 dollars :sad:. I just wanted a basic Garmin 500 and missed it for $174...approx 108 GBP.

I guess I will keep looking for Wiggle discount codes and watching on here as well as watching a couple of US sites. The UK has better prices on bicycle items most of the time. I buy from performancebike a lot because they have OK prices and the warehouse is about 25 miles from where I live, so my orders usually arrive next day or very quickly.

Tommy2

Über Member
i bought a garmin 310xt on friday for £170, thought that was a good deal until someone told me it had been £149 a few hours earlier :cursing:

Top Bottom