Black or red 'n' black ... just can't decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
I'm on the verge of buying some Ortlieb Classic Rollers (front and back) and I can't decide which colour.
Be aware ... this is the biggest problem I have in my life at the moment :whistle:

I'd REALLY appreciate your help. Here's a reminder of the bike the panniers are for:

IMG_0669.JPG

Such a dilemma. How can I sleep?
Smile!

Venod

Eh up
Red & black also I would ensure I had enough left over for a hacksaw to sort the fork steerer length.:thumbsup:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Blue rear and white front work well for me. Yellow is a bit too, well, yellow. Red is OK. White is nice - it has Ortlieb written on it as well.

OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

Black and Red.

This may well have been covered else where - why such a high handlerbar, is it just comfort?
Thanks, black 'n' red it is then. 'Seems to be the consensus.
Handlerbars (sic) ? If i had a pound for every time I've bin asked that I'd have ... about £5.
Seriously, as I've said before on here. It's a Thorn thing. All I know is, it fits and it's very comfy.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Thanks, black 'n' red it is then. 'Seems to be the consensus.
Handlerbars (sic) ? If i had a pound for every time I've bin asked that I'd have ... about £5.
Seriously, as I've said before on here. It's a Thorn thing. All I know is, it fits and it's very comfy.
I've been told a few times that I have my drops lifted up too far & the hoods should be lower :blush: When I ask why, its normally something like, "it looks silly" or "they are supposed to be lower" Sorry but I find it comfy how I have them & don't care what they look like & where they should be :thumbsup:
Your body is the best indicator of how things should be on the bike :smile:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
. It's a Thorn thing. All I know is, it fits and it's very comfy.
^^^^ This
Yup. My Thorn Audax Mark 3 fits me perfectly. No doubt the new Raven will, too, when it arrives in a month or so. It'll be the fourth Thorn I'll have owned. That high steerer is very handy - you can take off a few of the spacers and insert a Thorn space bar for carrying GPS, trip computer, bell, lights, etc etc. My Sherpa has done sterling service - it's being sold to help with the Raven cost, I want a hub gear system for the next trip.

OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

Thanks Soltydog and Martin for those supportive points (good luck with the Raven too - excellent choice).
Had a bit of a spending spree just now:
Front and rear BLACK & RED Ortlieb Rollers.
Leatherman Crunch (the one with locking pliers)
Latest copy of Cyclecraft, on the basis that you're never too old to learn.
That's enough credit card hits for one afternoon I think.
Better get back to my writing in an effort to earn a few quid.

mike chadwick

Astrobike
Thanks Soltydog and Martin for those supportive points (good luck with the Raven too - excellent choice).
Had a bit of a spending spree just now:
Front and rear BLACK & RED Ortlieb Rollers.
Leatherman Crunch (the one with locking pliers)
Latest copy of Cyclecraft, on the basis that you're never too old to learn.
That's enough credit card hits for one afternoon I think.
Better get back to my writing in an effort to earn a few quid.

mike chadwick

Astrobike
These would look good on Yore thorn fox panniers from amazon u k fully waterproof and half the cost of ortlilieb
Goes well with the red bike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 37

Bodhbh

Guru
That high steerer is very handy - you can take off a few of the spacers and insert a Thorn space bar for carrying GPS, trip computer, bell, lights, etc etc.

I take the point about being able to fit a space bar, but I don't know why they just don't make the headtube a couple of inches longer rather than always have a massive stack of spacers. It's not like anyone is gonna buy a Sherpa or whatever and have the bars 4 or 5 inches under the saddle. Other than that they are nice bikes tho!

Top Bottom