Blackburn riders.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
We need to organise a Blackburn meet. I reckon we could RV at Brownhills one Saturday or Sunday and go for a spin out to Chipping or Dunsop Bridge, those who felt tired could simply turn back home.

I will organise it but let's wait until the weather improves, eh?

andynlorrs

Those tired can turn round ?? U mean u wont want to stick together with anyone who drops back ?? and waiting till weather improves ? u scared of the rain ? Think il give your ride a big miss !

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
There's a bunch of new riders who have just joined the forum and are looking around for some rides. My guess is that not all of them would want to ride all the way from Blackburn to, say, Dunsop Bridge and back. Nor would they fancy doing it in the rain. The idea of leading bike rides (or walks or anything else outdoors) is to put aside your own ambitions and ego for the day and help others less experienced than you to enjoy the day without stress, which means waiting for the slower members of the group. By doing an out and back ride, anybody who doesn't fancy the full distance can easily turn round and head for home confident they won't get lost.

Hey Globalti

I'm up for that! Riding out. This month in July would be good for me or early August to mid August.

You have mentioned to me to shout if I fancy a ride, so there you are.

Those tired can turn round ?? U mean u wont want to stick together with anyone who drops back ?? and waiting till weather improves ? u scared of the rain ? Think il give your ride a big miss !

Andy - You've definitely got the wrong end of the stick here mate. Globalti has tried to get me to ride out in the past I just havent taken him up on is offer yet. He has advertised in the 'Welcome' section too.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Thanks for the interest. Yes, the cafe is run by a bloke called Trevor and his Memsahib, he bakes all his own bread and cakes, his scones are scrumdiddlyumptious!

A mountain biking friend and my son have just acquired new road bikes from Decathlon and are keen to do some rides; we've got a handful of folk on here who are interested so I reckon we ought to be able to put together a user-friendly ride in the next few weeks. There is also a good cafe in Chipping so we could use that as a "waypoint" for people to join the ride or turn for home if they're tired.

Top Bottom