Blackfriars Bridge Last Night.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

laertes

hackbike 666 said:
It was one lane...last night...doing more work on it....What are they doing? Digging for oil?

Nightmare last night...I took primary and a 59 bus didn't like it....Used Blackfriars again tonight but the bloody bridge is a nightmare...esp if some twat is texting or whatever he was doing on his phone when I was by his side...as of what happened to me tonight..Congratulations on making three bridges crap as usual.Waterloo,Blackfriars and Southwark.

Yes they started on it again last week. There is a bit more space northbound than southbound, although my experience has been OK with buses - they seem to realise they cant get past.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

laertes said:
Yes they started on it again last week. There is a bit more space northbound than southbound, although my experience has been OK with buses - they seem to realise they cant get past.

Yeah I did that primary lark but I have avoided it ever since.Northbound

Globalti

Legendary Member
Stop moaning on a website and write to your local Highways department.

I got a rat-run closed off and two traffic lights retimed in Bury just to improve the traffic flow at the Rochdale Road/Heywood Street junction, which I use twice a day. If you are talking sense they will respond.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Shame I didn't get the 4 vehicle and a bus pile up on that end of the bridge on cam the other week.Two separate accident within yards of each other.

I could build up a clips collection and send them in.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
BentMikey said:
Southbound Vauxhall bridge is a nightmare also - very stressful because of not wanting to use that dangerously narrow cycle lane. Northbound is easy thanks to the bus lane.

The lcc did a news article on that cycle lane, a death waiting to happen is how I would describe it.
The problem is the bus lane on the right, hard for a cyclist to use.

Tynan

Veteran
London Bridge every day and never a problem other than the odd bendy bus trying to pass if you don't holdprimary in the N bound bus lane

assertiveness a must on bridges I think, same as RABs

I agree Blackfriars N bound needs to be done right but you just have to get clear of the L turn lane early

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
hackbike 666 said:
That's interesting,can someone do a vid?

Cheers.

I've got a vid of Blackfriars coming up...Have to reload it.

http://www.lcc.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=1845

Top Bottom