Blackheath Cyclists - a plea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lizban

Please when cycling in the Blackheath Standard go round the one way system and don't use the zebra crossing and pavement to cut this loop out.

Having been hit (for the 2nd time in 3 months) whilst crossing the road by you guys it is a getting a little tiresome.

Thanks

(not sure it will help but makes me feel better!)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I think you're preaching to the choir here, Liz.

Tynan

Veteran
can;t imagine what happens here other than the general style of maneuver, I see cyclist do it a lot at the start of the Stratford one way, quick shoulder check (on the start of a sweeping left bend) and then cut across three lanes, over a ped crossing, piece of pavement and away!

a bike at fault has hit you twice? that's seriously shoot if you were on a zebra crossing

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Lizban said:
Please when cycling in the Blackheath Standard go round the one way system and don't use the zebra crossing and pavement to cut this loop out.

Having been hit (for the 2nd time in 3 months) whilst crossing the road by you guys it is a getting a little tiresome.

Thanks

(not sure it will help but makes me feel better!)

You want to pop a letter to Helicon Mountain, at old westcombe park station (one of the the production office's for Jools, vic reeves etc) as Jools Holland was once reported in a local rag with a picture of him (on that crossing) on a bike, with a basket containing his young baby on the front wheel/bars

Top Bottom