Bleaugh!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
My throat hurts and my head feels all stuffy, I think I must have my annual cold coming on... And a mate just texted to ask if I wanted to go for coffee, so I'm sodding off, and then I'm going home to sit in bed (it's the warmest place in the flat) and carry on scarf knitting...

<sniff>

* Tippex's the co***e word out *

trio25

Über Member
I hate when I get my annual cold, enjoy snuggling up in bed and I hope it goes away soon.

domtyler

Über Member
Having not had many colds for years I have one continuous one at the moment due to the little one bringing home all manner of bugs from nursery. She is currently off with Conjunctivitis, a cough and a snotty nose.

graham56

Guru
As i work outside all year don`t seem to get many colds; frostbite and hypothermia yes, but colds no. :biggrin:

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Bah! Get well soon, Arch. The knitting plan sounds like a good'un. Personally I'd augment it with whisky. Dunno if it speeds up the recovery, but it makes the suffering stage more enjoyable IMHO...

barq

I had something like that last week. Nasty. Hope you get better soon.

P.S. I think it is a good thing to start the winter with a decent supply of TV to get you through the inevitable colds/flus. I don't normally watch telly, but I worked my way through two entire series of 24 last week. Made me a bit twitchy and paranoid mind you. :biggrin:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
domtyler said:
Having not had many colds for years I have one continuous one at the moment due to the little one bringing home all manner of bugs from nursery. She is currently off with Conjunctivitis, a cough and a snotty nose.

Just wait till she goes to primary school :biggrin:

One of mine is off today with swollen glands and a throat so sore she can't swallow anything. :biggrin:

I've crossed my fingers :biggrin:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:

Yeah a friend of mine's little girl had pneumonia (nipped inthe bud early, so just like a bad cold) a couple of weeks ago, so then she got it, and I wondered if I'd picked it up from her. But there seems to be something going round the whole department.

Today, I ab bostly bugged ub.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Ah. Last week it was out here in rural Yorkshire, but I see we've managed to share our good fortune with the good people of York. (It wasn't me, honest - although I do know someone in your profession, so you never know...)

Look on the bright side: once you've had each particular cold virus, you'll probably never suffer from it again (you're immune). The downside is that there are so many, and they mutate so fast, that there are always plenty more you're still susceptible to, but let's not dwell on that...

There must be some old black and white films on the telly that you can while away the time and indulge yourself with?

Top Bottom