Bleed 105 brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scott Ellis

Hi there... I am looking to bleed my hydraulic on my gravel bike. But I am struggling to locate the 'nipple' where I connect the reservoir and what tool I need. Can you please advise? The pictures show how the levers look with the rubber hoods pulled back. TIA

Attachments

• IMG_20200405_180451.jpg
    IMG_20200405_180451.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200405_180248.jpg
    IMG_20200405_180248.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 9

iluvmybike

Über Member
Daft question - but are you sure you have hydraulic disk brake and not a cable disk brake? The bleed nipple is quite obvious when you pull the hood back but I cannot see it on your photos. Here is a link to the disk brake manual for road bikes:
https://si.shimano.com/pdfs/dm/DM-RADBR01-07-ENG.pdf

The nipple is at the caliper end. At the lever, there's just a screw to block the outlet. Remove the screw and screw a Shimano funnel/reservoir in there. Push the fresh fluid from the caliper upwards to the bar.

That fat screw with the hex recess is the bleed port. Remove the screw and put a Shimano funnel in there. Don't bleed if you haven't got the funnel, it'll make too much of a mess.
Buy a generic one off e-bay.
What does the other side look like? Have you got a nipple or one of them new-fangled hidden nipples?

Edit: Oops! I thought you were the OP. Thanks for the good picture. OP has probably buggered off, never to be seen again. Plenty of that around nowadays.

iluvmybike

Über Member
That fat screw with the hex recess is the bleed port. Remove the screw and put a Shimano funnel in there. Don't bleed if you haven't got the funnel, it'll make too much of a mess.
Buy a generic one off e-bay.
What does the other side look like? Have you got a nipple or one of them new-fangled hidden nipples?

Edit: Oops! I thought you were the OP. Thanks for the good picture. OP has probably buggered off, never to be seen again. Plenty of that around nowadays.
Yep think you are right he's not responded. His lever does not look like a hydraulic one to me...

Top Bottom