Bleep Test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

Otherwise know as the multistage shuttle run test...

Anybody do them? I've been challenged to get up to 15 by the end of the summer break from Uni, completed one for the first time since school today in the heat and was spent after 12.3... This one may be impossible, or has anyone got that high at all?

Last time I did it, the minimum I had to achieve was 9.6. So the test was stopped soon after. But that was a few years ago.

sarahpink

oh god, i hated these at school bad memories pe was my worst subject lol used to get my mum to forge me notes all the time-asthma, stomach cramp you name it i had it :becool:

shippers

I've been past 16 but was seriously fit at the time.
Cheaty tips- as the speed increases run in more of an elipse rather than straight back and forth- the hard part is the stopping, turning and accelerating; if you can get a bit of an elipse going you never actually stop.
Also, get used to turning and pushing off with alternate legs. It's rubbish if only your right leg is tired.
You'll need to get your timing right too- no point getting to the end early and waiting for the bleep in the early stages. Get a rhythm going.

Fitness is a very important part, but technique is vtal in the higher levels.

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

scott s10 said:
iv got upto 15 , just get fitter and youll do it
Lol thats a good way to achieve it, but I'm working nights at the moment and i've not ran a marathon for quite a while, it's the speed that gets me. 15 is a good score, not to be sniffed at. Congrats.

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

shippers said:
I've been past 16 but was seriously fit at the time.
Cheaty tips- as the speed increases run in more of an elipse rather than straight back and forth- the hard part is the stopping, turning and accelerating; if you can get a bit of an elipse going you never actually stop.
Also, get used to turning and pushing off with alternate legs. It's rubbish if only your right leg is tired.
You'll need to get your timing right too- no point getting to the end early and waiting for the bleep in the early stages. Get a rhythm going.

Fitness is a very important part, but technique is vtal in the higher levels.
God tips, cheers :wacko:

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

Pushed it to get over 13, legs are feeling it after a long shift at work but the progression feels good. :smile:

Top Bottom