Blenheim Palace bike fest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyY

Went to the Brompton World Championships at Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, over the weeked. Great to see 700+ Brompton riders (wearing suit and ties) doing a Le Mans style start (run to bike, unfold bike, race bike). The course was around the grounds 3+ miles? I was going to cycle up there on my Seiran with the Wantage CTC but it was wet (wimp excuse #1) and I had a horrid cold (wimp excuse #2).

Anyway saw an ICE trike at the meet and couple more neatly parked outside a pub in Woodstock. Was it you ? I also had a thought that as it's an ongoing annual event perhaps if enough 'bents' turn up on a regular basis then it could turn into "recumbent meet" or a contingent could do the Sportive (60 mile), maybe see is there was space for a Time trial (20K, bent only race after the main TT event) or a just 'a show and tell' ?

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Not a bad idea. However, I wonder whether the World Brompton Championship will always be held at Blenheim Palace from now on, as it's only been staged there for three years. It was held at Barcelona the previous two years.

OP
OP
G

GuyY

Not a bad idea. However, I wonder whether the World Brompton Championship will always be held at Blenheim Palace from now on, as it's only been staged there for three years. It was held at Barcelona the previous two years.
I'm sure it was there in 2008 & 2009...but I do remember a Barcelona event. Just did a quick check and it looks like they ran it in 2008/9 at Blenheim as well ...maybe they run a 'Championship' elsewhere in Europe ? Either way it looks like the Bike Blenheim 'event' may still run for a few years yet. The course is run on a private road on the estate of maybe 6.5km/loop?

Top Bottom