blimey was it windy today .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

Well that was ok. We did about thirty miles on the back roads, lanes and woodland tracks and it didn't rain at all. Still windy though.

Time for porridge then off to the Royal Highland Show :0)

trsleigh

kevin_cambs_uk said:
Cycling home from work, its mostly flat across cambridgeshire, but the wind was brutal, at one pint I was doing 10 mph on the flat ........:wacko:

Blimey, you must shift after a few during an evening in the pub.:biggrin:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Last few days its been into a brutal head wind all the way home, knocked a good 3-4 mph off my top speed all the way .

Even worse when you hit the hills , have a few granny ring inclines on my route, nice going the other way you would think but at 6 am there was practically no wind .:biggrin:

Jim_Noir

The rain and the wind was a effer this morn on the way to work, even the ferry across the clyde was like being in the open seas!

Mr Pig

Well I drove the two youngest up to the Highland Show and guess what? Idiot Pig got the dates wrong and it's not on until next weekend! :0( Tube!

So I took them to the zoo instead. Don't know if you've ever been to Edinburgh Zoo? It's like they found the steepest hill they could find and built a zoo down the side! Polar Bear was cool though.

Jim_Noir

Was there last summer, they where doing the place up. Yes it is hilly! Have you taken the weans to Highland Wildlife park? That is wayyyy cool, The European Bison are fooking massive.

Mr Pig

Did you see on their web site that they've sprayed the park to kill Ragwort? Years ago there was a big push to get rid of Ragwort but these days you see it all over the place and no one bothers about it.

The stuff is deadly. A small amount will kill a horse and even getting some sap into a cut will kill a man. Horses typically won't eat it because they don't like the taste but it often ends up in hay killing hundreds of horses every year.

ragwort-stem.jpg

Ranger

Mr Pig said:
Did you see on their web site that they've sprayed the park to kill Ragwort? Years ago there was a big push to get rid of Ragwort but these days you see it all over the place and no one bothers about it.

The stuff is deadly. A small amount will kill a horse and even getting some sap into a cut will kill a man. Horses typically won't eat it because they don't like the taste but it often ends up in hay killing hundreds of horses every year.

ragwort-stem.jpg

Something off topic but the ragwort debate is much like the helmet one, full of half truths and rumours. For the alternative view try http://www.ragwortfacts.com/

I spent years pulling ragwort by hand with no gloves and haven't died yet from the sap getting into the numerous cuts on my hands

Top Bottom