Blisters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran
Out of nowhere I've got blisters on the bottom of both big toes.

Been on the bike most days for the last fortnight but I don't think it's cycling that's the cause.

Could it be walking in my hard soled cycling shoes that's to blame ?

I don't use clips, cleats etc , I just wear Specialized cadet shoes .
The few days I work usually involve some walking in between the cycling to the houses.

Anyone have any experience of this or tips to help.

I might have to consider taking a change of shoes to work , but that means I have to take a pannier bag all the time.

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
All I'd say is be careful if they pop, they need some antiseptic on or sudo cream prevent getting infected ..
I had a nasty experience training few years ago I let a popped blister go and turned nasty ..

vickster

Legendary Member
Compeed for healing

How well do your socks fit? Do you use natural fibre socks? Are they rough inside at all. I often find socks a culprit in how they interact with shoe and foot

Try some inner soles in the shoes if they are loose

si_c

Guru
Doubt it's the shoes to be honest, I've got a pair of cadets and they're not much more than trainers with a clear mounting. They're a bit stiffer than regular shoes, but not that stiff.

Are they a good fit generally?

OP
OP
pjd57

pjd57

Veteran
Thanks for all the replies.
Compeed plasters have worked.

My shoes / socks are all a good fit.
I am now convinced that it's walking , in the cycling shoes that caused it.
I'm doing a few hours work this week , so will probably stick a pair of trainers in my pannier bag and change into them when I get there.
I usually go out for a decent walk with the people I go to see, so that looks like the practical solution.

Top Bottom