Bloating water?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pottsy

Just add water.

VamP

Banned
I always carry water on the bike - even if I don't drink any of it, it could be useful for other things like curing a tickly cough, washing road rash or a wound, rinsing hands after fixing a puncture, or offering someone else a drink if they've come out without one.

*the horror* *the horror*

Think of the unnecessary weight!

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
It's 6ish miles from my house to the town centre and I almost always have at least one mouthful of water, more in summer. And more still if I'm on the road bike rather than the shopper. Never get bloated though whatever the distance or volume of water consumed - lots of small sips does me better than knocking back a large quantity in one go.

Last edited:
About 30 minutes. I did in all honesty set off before drinking or eating breakfast

So 300ml of water 'bloated' you on an empty stomach? Is this a wind-up?

OP
OP
PhilDawson8270

PhilDawson8270

Veteran
Not a wind up. Usually I drink more than that before I do anything.

I'm unsure if it is just general fitness, the exercise straight after drinking or something else.

I'm trying the same route tomorrow so I will see what happens then,

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Following on from this http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/my-first-ride.144610/

I stopped twice for water, but felt extremely bloated after it. Is there any other liquid that can be used, that isn't so bloating?
Pure water is not absorbed terribly well from the stomach, especially an empty stomach. A little sugar or other 'salts' help. Regular squash would work better than plain water.
Agree that for 6 miles you shouldn't need water other than to keep your mouth moist.

young Ed

Veteran
have a look at getting a camel back or such hydration bladder it means you can just take n small but regular sips whilst riding
might help?
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom