Blocking of cycle lanes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Veteran
Another road nearby had a massive wagon dropping off building stuff.The wagon went down the drive, over the footpath, into the cycle lane and into the road. Two people with babies in prams couldnt get past without going into a dual carriage way which was very busy. One lady was reporting the driver to the Police.
Its like this all the time round here, people are just totally pig ignorant and selfish.
I do hope that you had difficulty getting past them such that your pedal accidentally scraped the car... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

It does seem to be a modern phenomenon that people can park wherever they want with impunity.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I quoted him before he mentioned pavements though :scratch: He just said them…?
Anyhow…whatevs

He said on you drive on pavements, but you’d drive in cycle lanes.

OP
OP
K

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Hi, Its part of the path, so theres the small road, then a narrow path, the cycle lane and then the dual carriageway which is very busy. A cycle really needs to stay off that.
Thank You for all your replies.
Today is another day and is pouring down here, undetterred by this I'm going to get some fresh eggs from a local village on my bike. Its about 15 miles round trip.I'm sick of staying in because of the bad weather as well.
Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Slick

Guru
Hi, Its part of the path, so theres the small road, then a narrow path, the cycle lane and then the dual carriageway which is very busy. A cycle really needs to stay off that.
Thank You for all your replies.
Today is another day and is pouring down here, undetterred by this I'm going to get some fresh eggs from a local village on my bike. Its about 15 miles round trip.I'm sick of staying in because of the bad weather as well.
Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Enjoy. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 1258

That annoys me, when someone will park on the pavement when they could just leave it on the main carriageway albeit blocking one lane. Pedestrians and cyclists just don't count if motorists might be slightly inconvenienced.

When I've been out and about pushing my Good Lady in her wheelchair I've had some success in getting drivers to move, it depends if they're still with their vehicle or not, I've had a couple move their vehicles without us asking.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Drago

Legendary Member
Ooh, cant do that, it's draconian, wsr against the motorist, doncherknow?

OP
OP
K

Kingfisher101

Über Member

my personal bug bear are artics parking right on the shared cycle path/footpath in lay-byes overnight forcing into the dual carriageway into oncoming traffic .
Its nice to get level with the cab bang on the door a few times and pedal off , as im going the opposite way to the traffic flow even assuming they could be bothered to start up and try to follow they have a good 3-4 miles before they can turn around and give chase so i feel safe enough venting my spleen .
I'd have knocked on the door and said the back of the cab had smoke coming from it, could it be on fire? quick you need to get out etc? then rode off laughing.
Well yesterday I set off on my ride and 4 miles in it started raining really heavily and you can get the rest.. I got a puncture in the front tyre a piece of glass went straight it. I pulled up and went into a church yard to change the inner tube without being hasselled by members of the public. It was really hard going in the driving rain because everything was very slippy. Then I had problems working the new pump and getting it to lock on o.k. But it did eventually.
I then couldnt find the place I needed to which was very poorly signposed and had to ask a few people, all very nice. Got there and got back totally soaked. I was worried about getting another puncture but fortunately things were o.k.
I will go to this place again but not when its raining heavily and take 2 inner tubes plus stick on patches. Its always when its raining or dark that these things happen.

Top Bottom