Blocking Thread Titles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

irw

Quadricyclist
Hi,
I'm really fed up of seeing 'RIP ...' in the cafe relating to "famous" people. I like to think positively, and if I want to read some dreary news about people I don't know dieing, I'll look at the local rag...Is there a way to 'block' threads with certain words in the headings please? Or, maybe there could be a 'graveyard' sub-forum?!

Thanks,

Ian

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I agree.
Graveyard sub forum please.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Fortunately or unfortunately people like to discuss their personal feelings about someone who has passed and for whom they had a particular affection for or had an association with. Most would say it has nothing to do with thinking positively or otherwise. Just a place where they can channel their grief and pay tribute.

If there was to be a sub forum perhaps it could be 'Obituaries'.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Hi,
I'm really fed up of seeing 'RIP ...' in the cafe relating to "famous" people. I like to think positively, and if I want to read some dreary news about people I don't know dieing, I'll look at the local rag...Is there a way to 'block' threads with certain words in the headings please? Or, maybe there could be a 'graveyard' sub-forum?!

Thanks,

Ian

grow up.

After all what is a forum?

Drago

Legendary Member
R.I.P. the R.I.P.'s?

OP
OP
irw

irw

Quadricyclist
Fair enough to those who do like to see these particular posts, but disregarding the content, the wider question was 'is there a way to block threads from view based on the content of the title'?

I never meant about blocking these posts completely from the forum, so I'm sorry if it came across this way, it's just that I'd like to be able to filter some things out on a 'keyword' basis if you will, in the same way that some people exclude entire sub-forums from VNP, or put particular users on ignore!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A number of years ago I asked Shaun if it would be possible to hide threads if one had established that they were of no interest. At first he didn't think it would be possible, but he found a plugin that provides that function. I use it all the time. (Ignore Thread in Thread Tools, above right)

It might be possible to do something like that in the future for threads containing certain words/phrases but for now you could simply use Ignore Thread on the R.I.P. threads as soon as you spot them.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A number of years ago I asked Shaun if it would be possible to hide threads if one had established that they were of no interest. At first he didn't think it would be possible, but he found a plugin that provides that function. I use it all the time. (Ignore Thread in Thread Tools, above right)

It might be possible to do something like that in the future for threads containing certain words/phrases but for now you could simply use Ignore Thread on the R.I.P. threads as soon as you spot them.

A thread about ignoring threads is of no interest to me so I've just ignored it.

Alex H

Legendary Member

True, but you have to be in the thread to use it.

Top Bottom