Blocking Thread Titles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Also there would have to be a strict convention to the format or the filter wouldn't work, RIP, R.I.P & R.I.P. would be different filters, you'd have to be careful also as you could block threads like 'bottom bracket thread stRIPped'. What if they OP didn't put RIP, R.I.P or R.I.P. in the title would you give the OP a 2 day ban for not following the convention? Isn't it just easier to have some self control & not open the thread in the first place.

winjim

Smash the cistern
You might run into trouble blocking keywords in thread titles. What if you wanted to discuss a rip in your tyre? A better way might be to use the thread tags.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Also there would have to be a strict convention to the format or the filter wouldn't work, RIP, R.I.P & R.I.P. would be different filters, you'd have to be careful also as you could block threads like 'bottom bracket thread stRIPped'. What if they OP didn't put RIP, R.I.P or R.I.P. in the title would you give the OP a 2 day ban for not following the convention? Isn't it just easier to have some self control & not open the thread in the first place.
There could be a bit of a problem organising a forum ride from Scunthorpe ... :whistle:

Shaun

Founder
A bit late to the party, but yes, (as Colin posted) click on the thread, then Thread Tools > Ignore Thread. It'll stop it appearing in the forum view and in New Posts. :okay:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Maybe if 'celebrities' stopped popping their clogs, there'd be no need to block a thread title?

Top Bottom