Bloke on a bike says hi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Full of admiration for the phenomenal depth of knowledge shown on this site, and encouraged by the relative absence of acrimony compared to some forums, I've decided to stop lurking and make myself known.

I used to commute a very short distance daily, and now retired, have treated myself to a Ribble Audax. Slowly building up mileage and stamina - and enjoying the process. Although my first choice pastime is rock-climbing I'm hoping that there will still be enough time outside my other commitments to become at least an adequate cyclist. A famous mountaineer once suggested that the definition of 'the best climber' was 'the one having the most fun' - that will do for me and cycling.

Thanks to all for the insight, advice, entertainment and wit I've enjoyed whilst browsing this site for the last 6 months - long may it continue.

Hello STAS (You think I'm gonna type all that?) Get stuck in! In fact, Get over to Colin's Ride from Hebden Bridge next Sunday*...I wish I could go. Check out the Informal Rides bit of the forum and get yourself over there - 26 miles max. - no excuses!
Get posting - no-one bites, and if they do...who cares?!

:hello:

* They always talk about pies, tea and walking on their rides so you'll be ok ;)

potsy

Rambler
Hello STAS (You think I'm gonna type all that?) Get stuck in! In fact, Get over to Colin's Ride from Hebden Bridge next Sunday*...I wish I could go. Check out the Informal Rides bit of the forum and get yourself over there - 26 miles max. - no excuses!
Get posting - no-one bites, and if they do...who cares?!

:hello:

* They always talk about pies, tea and walking on their rides so you'll be ok ;)

Yeah come on over STAS you'll get the added bonus of meeting me
wink.gif

We also talk about Ferrets. whippets and flat caps 'teef
rolleyes.gif

Yeah come on over STAS you'll get the added bonus of meeting me
wink.gif

We also talk about Ferrets. whippets and flat caps 'teef
rolleyes.gif

Is that after you have discussed the best way to rip up the Yorkshire Post into quarters for the privvy at bottom of yard, now that the ink is water-based and doesn't leave that spirit based 'tang' on yer buttocks..? :biggrin:

Don't give me stick - I have checked all the train times and can't make it, otherwise there could have been trouble ahead...but come high Summer, when we can all fall asleep in the pub garden it might be a different story...

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Welcome buddy,I ride to and from Bolton everyday from the outskirts of Tyldesley....still dread the madness at Moses Gate lights after years of riding !
You will enjoy this site,everyone no matter who or what you ride is made to feel welcome.

potsy

Rambler
Is that after you have discussed the best way to rip up the Yorkshire Post into quarters for the privvy at bottom of yard, now that the ink is water-based and doesn't leave that spirit based 'tang' on yer buttocks..? :biggrin:

Don't give me stick - I have checked all the train times and can't make it, otherwise there could have been trouble ahead...but come high Summer, when we can all fall asleep in the pub garden it might be a different story...

Being a 'Manc' I only go over the border to bring a bit of class to their rides
whistling.gif

And I take the MEN much more civilised
thumbsup.png

Welcome buddy,I ride to and from Bolton everyday from the outskirts of Tyldesley....still dread the madness at Moses Gate lights after years of riding !
You will enjoy this site,everyone no matter who or what you ride is made to feel welcome.

Yes, having 'lurked' for a few months, I was struck by how welcoming and encouraging so many of the comments were. (Good to see a bit of Lancs/Yorks banter, though!)

Top Bottom